Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,692,343 times

Advertisements

Players or wannabee players are easy to spot. Just avoid them if you don't like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,926,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
But passing an std to someone is classy?
Some STDs (such as HPV and Herpes) are believed to be possessed by well over half of the population of young sexually active people, to the point that sexual health experts say to assume you have them if you're sexually active. Acquiring them is an inherent risk of having sex, kind of like getting beaten up is an inherent risk of having sex with trash.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 AM

210 posts, read 395,467 times
They never settle, they just calm down a little as they age and stay with one partner who will put up with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Is it simply meeting the right one? Is it age? Is it having problems with ED? Or is it silly to think you could be the exception to the rule? Thoughts?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 AM

13 posts, read 18,601 times
When they meet the one

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM

27,682 posts, read 28,786,696 times
A player might settle for a certain amount of time - like maybe 5 to 7 years. But eventually he will get back.

That's the rule of the game.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Players or wannabee players are easy to spot. Just avoid them if you don't like them.
The good ones are EXTREMELY difficult to spot. Honestly, I've seen guys go from lovey dovey and sweet to their girlfriends/wives and once they walk out of the room turn into ruthless horn dogs bragging about cheating. It was eye opening the first few times I saw this. I also saw this with guys who were dating multiple women at once.

I'll never forget when I was working at an auto shop and we had a mechanic there that was married and had a young son. His wife would bring the kid in and he would sit on the floor in the waiting area and play with his kid while women coo'd about how sweet he was and what a good man he was. And he really was a great guy when she or the kid was around. Little did they know that he had at least 2 women on the side (they would come in and visit/take him to lunch here and there) and he bragged, in great detail, about their sex lives. I remember him requesting a half day because he had to take one of his 'mistresses' to get an abortion. You'd NEVER guess by just meeting him. He came across as genuine and a really sweet guy.

Players are players because they are good at being deceptive and can be difficult to spot.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,692,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The good ones are EXTREMELY difficult to spot. Honestly, I've seen guys go from lovey dovey and sweet to their girlfriends/wives and once they walk out of the room turn into ruthless horn dogs bragging about cheating. It was eye opening the first few times I saw this. I also saw this with guys who were dating multiple women at once.

I'll never forget when I was working at an auto shop and we had a mechanic there that was married and had a young son. His wife would bring the kid in and he would sit on the floor in the waiting area and play with his kid while women coo'd about how sweet he was and what a good man he was. And he really was a great guy when she or the kid was around. Little did they know that he had at least 2 women on the side (they would come in and visit/take him to lunch here and there) and he bragged, in great detail, about their sex lives. I remember him requesting a half day because he had to take one of his 'mistresses' to get an abortion. You'd NEVER guess by just meeting him. He came across as genuine and a really sweet guy.

Players are players because they are good at being deceptive and can be difficult to spot.
All cheaters eventually get caught. Maybe he just hasn't yet but he will. As for spotting him, this is probably his first forray into playing and so far he's thinking he's slick.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
All cheaters eventually get caught. Maybe he just hasn't yet but he will. As for spotting him, this is probably his first forray into playing and so far he's thinking he's slick.
He did get caught...and it wasn't pretty.

But this went on for at least 5 years with the same wife and a revolving door of women on the side. I only worked with him for 3, but I was still friends with a few people from the shop.

Honestly, if I didn't work with him and see that side, I would have probably thought he was pretty fantastic as well. He was quite charming and sweet. Slightly sociopathic as well, I think.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,751,970 times
Regular, unforgettable sex.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 PM

174 posts, read 258,986 times
Hmm. I would have to say that it never happens. The woman may think that he is being faithfully when he is really not. He will cover up the signs of affairs pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships