Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:37 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times

Advertisements

I know a player who met the right one and settled down. He also stays home as Mr. Mom and raises their two boys. She makes more then he'll ever make. They seem happy....for now. There's a bit of an age difference between them. He's going bald now. Let's see if it lasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 09:54 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,389 times
Are we talking a womanizer who lies to women and feigns potential commitment to get laid i.e playing them or a man who sleeps around a bit and doesn't commit often, but is honest and upfront about his intentions? Because I'd say there are different reasons for why or when these two different types of men would settle down.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
They can't get it up anymore.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:16 PM

70 posts, read 46,505 times
Why would an attractive guy choose to have sex with only one woman for the rest of his life? It's tough to do that when you are given a lot of female attention. By the same token I would never expect a very attractive girl in her 20s, or a very attractive older woman to be faithful. Most of these people get showered with great alternatives when some things go bad with their partner, and so for the most part they won't settle without profusely cheating.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Could be a boredom of " ducking and diving ", age, that special one comes along etc.

But I think it's when they realise how they have been towards women and how wrongly they have gone about it ..... This usually occurs when they've been played themselves and been on the receiving end for a change

Old 12-18-2016, 09:57 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
I would say the most request reason is that with age, his dating prospects begin drying up. The hotties at the bar look at him crazy and giggle when he tries to strike up a conversation.

Some men adapt by throwing some money around to keep the gig going, but for others- the writing is on the wall. They may be balding, graying, or the belly begins protruding. Some of the old players I know still want younger women, as if there is something wrong with the ones their own age. When they realize every year gets closer to an AARP membership, they begin looking to settle down.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:38 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They can't get it up anymore.
Yeah, but, little pills can fix that.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:47 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,507 times
It's a 50/50 proposition. If a guy is a "player" because he has the gift of gab and has...uh...mackin' skills, he may be capable of settling down. The only thing he needs to do is just stop flirting.

Men that have money, fame, good looks etc. (like many athletes, businessmen and musicians) have a much harder time leaving the player lifestyle. For them, they've had access to the best looking women for years without putting in significant effort. Anytime you can go to a hotel and have five or six curvy model-types waiting on you with no expectation of receiving anything in return...that's difficult to give up.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:52 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
They can say they've settled down, but why take a chance with one?
Too many other options.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:20 PM

166 posts, read 278,364 times
my girl treats me like a king. i don't have to say anything. she cooks, cleans, and initiates like 80-90% of the sex. i can do my own cleaning and cooking, but it makes her happy to do it knowing that it makes my life easier.

such a far cry from all my 1 night stands. these girls think i owe them a relationship just because we slept together. they're completely shocked and butthurt when i don't call them back. as if dating them was some sort of prize i had earned. meeting girls like this only showed me that love was about satisfying your own selfish needs.

but my girl taught me how to love selflessly. it's a beautiful thing when you give your love without expecting anything back. you're just happy because you did something for someone you care about. no expectations at all of any reciprocation. it's such a priceless thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships