Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The older than 45 yo George Clooneys, Brad Pitts and many other male celebs would prove that part of the statement as being incorrect.

I'm only pointing out societies double standard as it applies to older men vs older women. Its there, its real and unfair, and it isnt changing much.
I'm just talking about myself and my friends. I don't think wrinkles are attractive, so Clooney is out and Brad Pitt hasn't looked too good in about 4-5 years. Why would I want to be with someone who will be mistaken for my father when we're out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
OP, don't you think you can do better than a 45-year-old guy who apparently makes bad choices? You're 28, you have a career. Go out there and snag somebody you can really get along with.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Deleted. So not worth it.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-21-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
well luckily secure 28 year old women aren't exactly lining up the block to take fat, balding 45 year old men
The term "sugarbaby" is entirely foreign to you, isn't it? There's a whole website devoted to it.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:08 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,792 times
Actually, there area advantages in choosing a 40 year-old with 4 kids, over the 28 with no kids.

1. You don't have to wonder what the kids are going to be like, they're already there.

2. You don't have to wonder how many kids there will be, They're already there, and she may not have anymore.

3. When the kids get in trouble in school, you can always say; "Not my responsibility. I didn't bring them into this world."

4. I'm told... (never tried it) When it comes to sex, "They don't scream, they don't yell, they're grateful as Hell..."

5. They're generally past the stage of burning water when they're trying to bring it to a boil, so dinner generally isn't too bad.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,055 times
I'm guessing this happened to you as a 28 year old? Well, in some cases, it is true. Besides 4 kids lol, what has she got that you haven't got? Are you in shape? As an older woman, that is my ace in the hole. Younger women are just so much fatter these days. Sorry if that's not politically correct. I love to eat too but I try to keep it in moderation.
And it's happened to all of us, old young thin fat etc. Kids or no kids, responsible or irresponsible. Are you too needy / clingy?
But facts aside (who has what etc.) People like who they like, age is a number, how many children you have is a number, weight is a number. What do you need to do to improve yourself?
Glad to hear I'll be ok for a few years attracting men OP, thanks for that. lol.
You win some you lose some. See how you can be the best you and be her.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 03-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: tmi

Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
How old is this guy?

Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Egh most old guys I know aren't in the position to be choosing a gal in her 20s even late 20s. If any gender thinks they are vintage wine that everyone wants a taste of it's way more likely guys than gals as guys seem to always be on about how desirable they are, how they get better with age, etc . Always amusing when some 25+ guy thinks I'd actually be interested in him over a guy my age..yeah because if you find the gals your age paling in comparison to gals my age why would I find guys your age better than guys my age..

Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
George Clooney is like a Chanel suit, always in, always trendy, always hot.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM

177 posts, read 303,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I'm guessing this happened to you as a 28 year old? Well, in some cases, it is true. Besides 4 kids lol, what has she got that you haven't got? Are you in shape? As an older woman, that is my ace in the hole. Younger women are just so much fatter these days. Sorry if that's not politically correct. I love to eat too but I try to keep it in moderation.
And it's happened to all of us, old young thin fat etc. Kids or no kids, responsible or irresponsible. Are you too needy / clingy?
But facts aside (who has what etc.) People like who they like, age is a number, how many children you have is a number, weight is a number. What do you need to do to improve yourself?
Glad to hear I'll be ok for a few years attracting men OP, thanks for that. lol.
You win some you lose some. See how you can be the best you and be her.
I'm in great shape, I have personality( that's what people say) I'm outgoing. I'm fine. I wouldn't call myself clingy but you know I like to stay beside my man I think it comes down to the kids. I believe he wants this instant family. I tell him I'll give him a child in a year I just want to be established with my career first. He's 46 so he's impatient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships