Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,491,467 times

Advertisements

I want to hear experiences and general opinions from women about their relationship with their men. As I said some months ago I started a relationship (3 months right now) and although he is a good guy sometimes I find bizarre things in his behaviour specially the last days.

I make this thread to see if this is normal or to see how other men behave, it's not a critic agains male gender lol, but just to make me understand something because I didn't have experience.

For example, my boyfriend and me meet around 2 or 3 times every week because he works and he is quite budy with some studies he is doing, apart from that this week he has cancelled plans 3 times (in the same week!)
We don't go running today because it's raining, maybe tomorrow. Ok, but why can't we have just a coffee?
I can't go today because I have a last minute darts game with the team I'm sorry. Grrr

We better chat tomorrow, now I want to watch a film

These are some examples, I have to say when we are together he is allright but sometimes he wants to go home fast.

The most annoying habit is that he always tells me things in last minute mode, and I have to be waiting until he gives me news about plans.

I talked to him about all this and he says there isn'y any problem, just that he is budy and the **** weather makes him lazier than usual but not bad intentions.

So... these are my "problems" in the third month of relationship, I'd like to read yours to see if mine are normal or not and just to read more experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,480,856 times
If this is a sudden change, it's worth your concern. Sometimes this behavior is nothing more than a temporary lull, but it could also mean he's either rethinking the relationship or even meeting someone else.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,491,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
If this is a sudden change, it's worth your concern. Sometimes this behavior is nothing more than a temporary lull, but it could also mean he's either rethinking the relationship or even meeting someone else.
Yes just the time is going to tell me what's going on, he assured me that it's just coincidence and just a bad week. When I told him "we have to talk" he was a bit scared about what to expect.

The positive side is that he announced his parents he was going out someone some days ago.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
If this is not how you want to be treated, make it clear. Do not blow "small" things like this off. If these things keep happening, and you justify it to yourself, "Oh, he was busy.". And the relationship continues, don't think things will miraculously change if you end up married....and...he does the same exact things.

Been there, done that. Do try to learn from the mistakes of others....

Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
If I were in your shoes I would just assume he's really not that interested. That's what it sounds like to me.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
If this is not how you want to be treated, make it clear. Do not blow "small" things like this off. If these things keep happening, and you justify it to yourself, "Oh, he was busy.". And the relationship continues, don't think things will miraculously change if you end up married....and...he does the same exact things.

Been there, done that. Do try to learn from the mistakes of others....
The only problem with this, is that if SHE ever gets too busy and feels the need to do the same, she'll have no excuse. He may need to communicate better in these situations, but may still need time to himself occasionally. Don't we all?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If I were in your shoes I would just assume he's really not that interested. That's what it sounds like to me.
You know what they say about people who ASSume. Better to talk it out, first.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,035,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Taoist is right. Definately talk it out. However, I say it is the bolded above.

When a guy is interested he will make some time in his schedule for his female interest. Instead, this guy is finding excuses to not have the time that was already made. Definately a bad sign.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,000,021 times
Yeah, sounds like you're more of an option than a priority.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
I'm willing to assume she's not a priority.

Obviously. I mean, that's just really rude behavior.
That early in dating, it's practically a brush-off.

If it's not a brush-off, why would you want to be with someone so rude and inconsiderate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships