Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Judging by some of the looks I've received while saying something like that, there are plenty.

If you're a hot chick, you can say whatever you want. If you look like me, you can't just go up and tell a guy he's attractive.
I wouldn't be creeped out if you did that to me...

...as long as you are a woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
They're scared

Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Quite a few, actually, back in my younger days. I've always been a bit forward, but that's waned a lot in the past few years. Had a few guys assume that meant I just wanted to have sex with them (which is just asking for problems when you tell them that wasn't your intention) but most just said thanks and tried to get away from me quickly.
same goes for men that approach women. Certain people will be open to conversation while other will be not. You because u havent had success in the past doesnt mean that it wont happen in the future

Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn9 View Post
I also noticed men smiling at other men when they see hot women. Is it almost like they look at each other like oh my god she's so hot. Do men really do that. This what i see at their place of work.
LOL, that's me; my apologies. But for the most part, men have a guy code that we all can recognize. I can see a guy that I've never met before, and if a beautiful woman walks by we make eye contact to ensue that we both agree that she was 'beautiful' or as I say 'bad'.

In regards to failing to approach woman, I've never been the guy to approach woman about potential relationships but on the other hand I can approach most woman just to have casual talk or a good laugh; I'm the type of guy you see behind you at a grocery store and I can make small talk that may eventually lead to us becoming great friends. On the other hand, if I'm out with my friends and they say 'try to get that one', I'd freeze up and say something stupid probably. But because I'm in a relationship, and my girl friend really doesn't care if I look at other girls as long as I don't say something such as 'Look at her, she looks better than you', I can continue to look at girls although I'm sort of a hypocrite on that because it really frustrates me that she looks at other dudes. I especially hate when my girl friend says something like "OMG, look at him, he's hot", it just infuriates me but I know she would never leave me just to talk to someone that looks better than I do.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I wouldn't be creeped out if you did that to me...

...as long as you are a woman
And attractive. Guys always say they would love to have a woman hit on them, but I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same way if she was 5' tall, 250 lbs and missing half her teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
same goes for men that approach women. Certain people will be open to conversation while other will be not. You because u havent had success in the past doesnt mean that it wont happen in the future
Eh, I don't do it anymore. I still start conversations, but it's never because I want anything more than that. I'm just over it at this point.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I think some women get stuck up from too many men approaching and end up thinking their ***** doesnt stink and that theyre much more attractive then they actually are..
That's my saying! Hahahaha!!

You are right though. Some women have their egos fed constantly by guys approching them and they act like their shyte doesn't stink. They feel it's totally normal to be arrogant and rude to the guys they don't find attractive who have the guts to approach.

In my younger years I would cut these women down to size and let them know that what comes out of their a$$ smells just as bad as the next, if not worse. I don't waste my time of that stuff anymore but instead focus on the next woman who might be looking my way.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
And attractive. Guys always say they would love to have a woman hit on them, but I'm sure they wouldn't feel the same way if she was 5' tall, 250 lbs and missing half her teeth.
Of course we don't want disgusting types hitting on us, but we're welcome to attention from normal human beings. There are basic standards here, though for some of us they're not outrageously high.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Of course we don't want disgusting types hitting on us, but we're welcome to attention from normal human beings. There are basic standards here, though for some of us they're not outrageously high.
Of course. And did you ever think that these 'arrogant' women view some of the guys (well meaning as they may be) just the same as you would view the woman I described? Maybe they don't want your attention (not you personally, but a general you) and view you as an annoyance when you hit on them. Just as you're not required to give an unattractive woman your time of day, they are not required to do the same to you.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Of course. And did you ever think that these 'arrogant' women view some of the guys (well meaning as they may be) just the same as you would view the woman I described? Maybe they don't want your attention (not you personally, but a general you) and view you as an annoyance when you hit on them. Just as you're not required to give an unattractive woman your time of day, they are not required to do the same to you.
I have had the grossest men approach me and often they are rude and/or sexual to boot. Sorry but I am repulsed by a 300 pound man who smells and is wearing dirty clothes and has no teeth.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Well, I dunno, since I don't hit on women or get hit on. And I didn't describe any women as arrogant. I will say that I don't have unrealistic standards when it comes to the opposite sex. But someone who comes off as you described I just would not find attractive, and I think that's quite normal and reasonable. But I think most guys, especially those who don't get attention from women, would be flattered if they got hit on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships