Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Some pretty gorgeous chicks at the toaster club.
Toasters club? Is that the same as Toastmasters? I always thought that was for old people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Man it is massive BS right here. Any men should approach women that he like, not women that some accident give him opportunity to talk with. No you are not man as approaching is in question.
When you can create a coherent sentence then you can criticize my choices. No BS. This works for me. I never said all men should do this.

Last edited by jma501; 04-24-2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
There's nothing to understand Amanda.

A lot of women feel it's totally normal to be rude to a guy who approaches and reject him harshly for even trying. They don't just wear a "Capital B" hat either, but a whole outfit dedicated to that.

If "b**ch" was a shade of body paint, it would sell out very quickly.
I just don't understand why people can't be nice and civil

Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM

297 posts, read 502,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
As a woman, I'm flattered even if someone I don't find attractive approaches me. I don't understand why other women have to have this high-and-mighty mentality and act nasty toward everyone who approaches them who may not fit their idea of their Mr. Right. That's just rude.

I had someone approach me last week at the bookstore- this is a guy who doesn't fit what I'm attracted to physically- but I was still nice and had a little conversation with him, all the while letting him know that I wasn't interested. He apologized for the inconvenience but was nice. It makes me cringe whenever guys like that are treated completely badly by women, just because these women feel that they deserve it for even approaching them.
I totally agree with you if the guy that approaches you does it in a nice way. But there have been quite a few that are really pushy, make sexual comments or try to be touchy feely. Enough of those will make you not want to be nice.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why people can't be nice and civil
Sure, it would be nice if everyone was civil, but the ones who aren't have done you a big favor by revealing themselves as crappy people. You don't have to wonder why he wasn't interested if you can walk away and say, "dang, I dodged a bullet there."

Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sure, it would be nice if everyone was civil, but the ones who aren't have done you a big favor by revealing themselves as crappy people. You don't have to wonder why he wasn't interested if you can walk away and say, "dang, I dodged a bullet there."
That's a good point. I rarely ever approach people because I'm shy when it comes to that, and I'm horrible at flirting, but if I approached a guy and he was outright nasty to me, I'd probably feel bad and want to cry.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
That's a good point. I rarely ever approach people because I'm shy when it comes to that, and I'm horrible at flirting, but if I approached a guy and he was outright nasty to me, I'd probably feel bad and want to cry.
Wow , by looking at your pics, I am sure there must be traffic jams of men trying to get your attention.. I'm glad you are considerate to them when you reject them one by one.. Nothing like being rejected by a beautiful woman .

If you need any flirting practice, I can volunteer my time..

Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
It's like admiring a beautiful painting that you're not prepared to buy or steal.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Men are scared of rejection. Period. Women may be the weaker sex physically, but mentally, they kill us. Rejection to a man can take a toll on a very important piece to his overall makeup, his ego.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2012 View Post
I totally agree with you if the guy that approaches you does it in a nice way. But there have been quite a few that are really pushy, make sexual comments or try to be touchy feely. Enough of those will make you not want to be nice.
Yep. I am polite to men who approach me, even if they aren't my type. However many of them make sexual comments and yes I will tell them off and be rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships