Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just because they're staring doesn't mean they find you attractive. Tall redhead with visible tattoos? Men don't stare at me because they're attracted to me, they stare because I'm an anomaly.
Do you get approached by bikers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Some guys just like to look, which is perfectly normal. Most guys are too affraid of rejection and pussified in general to approach. See, if you go out of your way to discredit and shame masculinity, over a long period of time, you end up with generations of less than masculine men. Guys who know what they want and know how to get it, first look and if they like what they see, they approach and tell you just that. Those guys do great with women but are a minority in todays world.
Well-put.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Well-put.
No i don't think it is well put. Just because some guys don't approach women does not mean they are less masculine or pussified or that they do not know how to go after what they want and get it. Many guys simply see no reason to play the game or jump through ridiculous hoops. I never appoach women i do not know. Period. I will not violate someone elses personal space. Not because i am less masculine but because it is rude. Now if i happen to be somewhere and a woman is close by and a conversation starts naturally, fine. If not, that's fine too. I know other guys who feel this way too. Like all guys we notice attractive women however we also possess the ability to identify whether it will work out or not by observation. Ascension: just because a guy does not ascribe to your ideal of manhood it does not make him less of a man. Also when trying to make a salient point use actual words not crude slang.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM

66 posts, read 115,797 times
Default Approaching a woman = I find you attractive

Quote:
Because that would be creepy and weird.

Why would you need to say the obvious?. By approaching the woman, you are saying that, unless you find something else attractive about her that requires great insight about her. You liked her laugh, or you admire the way she carries herself, her posture (good way to insert conversation about yoga, fitness, etc). if you tell her you think she is beautiful, then you already put her at a higher level than yourself -- that gives her a good reason to reject any conversation with you. Who would want to clearly state that they do not have any skills in developing a conversation?

Forget the compliment until well after she engages in conversation with you. Just her engaging in conversation with you, indicates her interest. So use eye contact, smile, use her name in the conversation, engage in topics that she wants to talk about (don't ask her what she likes to do, initially. it's too personal or difficult for a chick to answer). Talk about something relevant to the place you met, but make it interesting and easy to dig deeper. isn't the band great, is an awful question. It ends with "yes" and a "no" to you for more conversation.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgoodtome View Post
Why would you need to say the obvious?. By approaching the woman, you are saying that, unless you find something else attractive about her that requires great insight about her. You liked her laugh, or you admire the way she carries herself, her posture (good way to insert conversation about yoga, fitness, etc). if you tell her you think she is beautiful, then you already put her at a higher level than yourself -- that gives her a good reason to reject any conversation with you. Who would want to clearly state that they do not have any skills in developing a conversation?

Forget the compliment until well after she engages in conversation with you. Just her engaging in conversation with you, indicates her interest. So use eye contact, smile, use her name in the conversation, engage in topics that she wants to talk about (don't ask her what she likes to do, initially. it's too personal or difficult for a chick to answer). Talk about something relevant to the place you met, but make it interesting and easy to dig deeper. isn't the band great, is an awful question. It ends with "yes" and a "no" to you for more conversation.
Jet is a woman.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
No i don't think it is well put. Just because some guys don't approach women does not mean they are less masculine or pussified or that they do not know how to go after what they want and get it. Many guys simply see no reason to play the game or jump through ridiculous hoops. I never appoach women i do not know. Period. I will not violate someone elses personal space. Not because i am less masculine but because it is rude. Now if i happen to be somewhere and a woman is close by and a conversation starts naturally, fine. If not, that's fine too. I know other guys who feel this way too. Like all guys we notice attractive women however we also possess the ability to identify whether it will work out or not by observation. Ascension: just because a guy does not ascribe to your ideal of manhood it does not make him less of a man. Also when trying to make a salient point use actual words not crude slang.
Your problem is that you think that it is "rude" to approach a woman whom you find attractive. If you realize how ridiculous that way of thinking is, perhaps you could understand my post better. If your ideal of manhood is a guy who affraid of rejection, affraid of what others think, affraid of approaching women, being too shy to approach women or someone who believes that cold approaching women you find attractive to be "creepy', "rude" and "jumping through hoops, then I think youre missing out on what manhood actualy stands for.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 PM

297 posts, read 502,412 times
Quote:
Depends on the guy. If he's wearing something interesting I'll mention it, if he's reading a book I'll ask him if he is enjoying it. The last one I talked to had an interesting iphone case so I mentioned it as a conversation starter. I have mentioned the weather, especially since it's getting warmer and everyone is pretty happy about spring being here. Most are happy to have a conversation, but if I say 'We should go out for coffee/drinks sometime' all of a sudden they have other things to do.

I'm not looking for a hookup, which is what your lines make it seem like.
I think that small talk is fine and some lines are just corny. Personally, I don't get what all this "staring" is about. In my experience, guys that look usually talk.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Your problem is that you think that it is "rude" to approach a woman whom you find attractive. If you realize how ridiculous that way of thinking is, perhaps you could understand my post better. If your ideal of manhood is a guy who affraid of rejection, affraid of what others think, affraid of approaching women, being too shy to approach women or someone who believes that cold approaching women you find attractive to be "creepy', "rude" and "jumping through hoops, then I think youre missing out on what manhood actualy stands for.
No. I am not missing what manhood has to offer. I am not afraid of women by any means. I can converse with women and make them laugh quite easily. You seem to have the definition of manhood combined with being an alpha (i hate these terms btw) while they can be combined most often they are seperate. I am a man but never will i be one by your ridiculous definition.I got the idea it was rude by own experiences as a person who is going deaf. If someone comes towards me and i don't know it makes me jump. Which is why i do not intrude on others personal space. Afraid is spelled with one f.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM

249 posts, read 312,406 times
An even bigger question is: Why do women wear skirts,and shorts up to their crotches,and then get pissed off, or offended when you can't help but stare at them?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
I don't understand why men have to be so afraid to approach women- have some courage! Just be nice during your approach and don't come off as a jerk and you should be fine. Even if you're nice, and the woman is taken, she'll probably be nice in turning you down. What do you have to lose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships