Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times

Advertisements

Snickers commercial with Joe Pesci and Don Rickles - YouTube

Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Didn't you start a post saying you were affarid that you were never going to get married?
I keep my options open in the event I don't marry him.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:09 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
That commercial is great!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Well he made his bed and now he has to lay in it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Any person who desires a spouse to cater to them hand and foot deserves being unhappy in marriage. Ha! Sad part is I am sure his wife loves him very much as she is still catering to his needs, not to mention to the needs of their 5 children. She is probably one busy woman. I feel sorry for her, but glad he is in the situation he is in. I am also glad you refused him back in the day on those terms of his. Smart move on your part.

As to your mother calling her fat and ugly, gracious sakes, no wonder you are the person you are. Bless your heart honey, you've been raised wrong. Stick around and we'll show you how to love others, be compassionate and maybe then you'll become a woman "inside" who will attract the right type of man.

Last edited by GINGERSNAP1963; 04-05-2013 at 03:41 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
As sad as it sounds it kind of does. No, not interested in sex with him but in a way I like the attention when he tells me I am pretty. I know it is wrong he contacts me and wish he wouldn't.
I figured. That is negative attention. What you need is positive attention.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
+1 She talks a good game about how she was this beautiful model, but nobody has ever seen any pictures to verify, well at least I haven't.
Yeah....she talks like she's some young Madonna in a material girl video with men on their knees after her, but can't secure the affection of a 50 year old ugly taco bum slinging tainted meat out of a neighborhood shop. It doesn't add up.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had this friend who was attracted to me but because of his misogynist views we never dated. He went on to marry the first woman to cater to him. She's unattractive and obese and I know he couldn't be attracted to her. Turns out he wasn't as he sent me this email "I'm so sorry I married her. I really wanted you but our views were different and we both knew it wouldn't work. She cooks for me and cleans the house and takes care of the 5 kids but I think of you when we have sex. I'm not attracted to her like I was with you but she gave me what I thought I wanted only I didn't".

What do you think of this? He told someone he could have had a model (me)but because he was so rigid in gender roles he know has someone he isn't attracted to.

Aight, I'm going to take this at face value, mainly because something similar happened to me. It wasn't quite that harsh, but it was along the lines of him not finding his GF that attractive and basically wanting to keep looking for someone who turned him on more, but she was pressuring him because she was in her late 30s and wanted kids. He ended with "I knew I should have married you," apparently forgetting that we had some fundamental differences about kids, ourselves. (He wanted them, I did not.)

What I think of this is that the guy may regret his decision, but it's not fair to his wife for him to tell you this. My response would have been, and was, "How would she feel knowing you said that to me? Do you even love her?"

Can I see his point? Yes. He's been with some gorgeous women, and she's not quite up there with his usual. (Heck, neither am I, but if I had to be objective, yeah, she's plainer than I am.) But they do have a LOT in common in terms of lifestyle and interests, and my own opinion of the woman's looks wouldn't, and didn't, enter into it, nor would I feel anything but sorry for her and disappointed in him. Really, IDDY, have some compassion here. How would you like to be married to a man and then find out he said something like that about you behind your back?

BTW, in my case he ended up marrying the person. I'm not about to ask him if he's happy because it would be inappropriate. And he's not the kind of guy who could be made to do something if he really didn't want to, so I'm just assuming that he does love her and it all worked out in the end. In your shoes, I'd nip the whole conversation in the bud and be done with it--because that's exactly what I did.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
I do feel sorry for her to be honest because she is probably not happy either. She likely knows he's not interested in her even if he doesn't say it. Because he was so desperate to marry anyone he married her. I knew when the marriage happened fast this was why.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 PM

469 posts, read 566,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
idontdateyou, post a pic of yourself on here. I'm curious how someone so attractive like you can't get a man.
^^^ 100% correct it is beyond me to understand this also even my shallow SIL found a few guys and she is more judgmental then you, she's hot so I really can't see why you can't get a mate if my SIL has maybe you aren't as hot as you think you are fyi not all models are hot

Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
I love these commercials, especially when the one guy in the back seat turns into the Diva. I don't know who came up with them but they're great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships