Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM

837 posts, read 962,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Thank you. That is the most well thought out, rational response I've gotten so far.
I think you should let him handle it! It's instinct for a mother to want to take charge and handle a crazy woman that's getting involved with you for no reason, but it's so his problem stemming from his personal life. Don't be afraid to tell him you're sick of the phone calls and wish he'd do something about it. Nothing controlling about that if you phrase it right.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM

362 posts, read 560,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
I think you should let him handle it! It's instinct for a mother to want to take charge and handle a crazy woman that's getting involved with you for no reason, but it's so his problem stemming from his personal life. Don't be afraid to tell him you're sick of the phone calls and wish he'd do something about it. Nothing controlling about that if you phrase it right.

Good luck.
You're right. Thanks again.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,123,619 times
I don't think I'd do anything unless you feel she is dangerous and you are afraid she will physically hurt you or your daughter. I think it will only cause more drama and give her what she really wants - attention. I tend to think not giving her any reaction at all is the best way to go, but I wonder if at any point your boyfriend has told her she has no chance and if she doesn't stop he is going to take action against her for stalking. If he hasn't then maybe now he should make it clear one last time. Sorry to hear you have to put up with such a fruit loop. Some people truly are nuts! I can't believe any self respecting woman would behave in such a way.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,901,396 times
Quote:
My kid is 18.... She is happy that I have met such a nice guy. That is what adults do, they are happy when good things happen for people they care about.

All I have received so far is much appreciated.
As a person who has been a family member of someone involved in drama, with the potential for violence and for others to get dragged into it, adults are happy when they see people they care about with someone who would quickly take care of the problem, and minimize the potential for others to get dragged into it.

Your boyfriend doesn't sound like he wants to take care of his own dirty work...sending you to the high school to make accusations just sounds bizarre.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion.....

Funny, that is what she calls him, in the emails and texts, and yelling at him from her car as she passes by.
Curious, coming from her perspective, he is a coward for not reacting. He is actually doing what he was told to do. Not respond, ignore her and it will stop. I believe that is what they used to say about bullying too. I think it actually makes it worse, at least in my experience.
Who told him to do that?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,069,204 times
I think it's a little short-sighted to keep trying to blame the BF. Crazy people do exist, after all.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think it's a little short-sighted to keep trying to blame the BF. Crazy people do exist, after all.
I don't think anyone disputes the fact the ex could be crazy. The bf's reaction seems strange, and for that he does have responsibility. Telling the OP she should complain to the school for something she has no idea actually occurred or not does nothing to change the situation.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:
So me and my BF have been dating now for 6 months. Great guy except for some drama over an ex-girlfriend that's been stalking him. She tried to get him to leave me and take back up with her, and when that didn't work, she called and left some nasty voicemails on my cell phone, in a desperate attempt to break is up.

Me being the super awesome person I am.... Her efforts were unsuccessful. Now, I still have those voicemails, and I am contemplating what, if anything, I should do with them. She is an educator that teaches at the same high school as my BF, and where my daughter attends school. The only way she could have gotten my cell phone number was to access a secure school database, so I'm sure she has violated some professional standards. My BF told me it was my decision whether I should report her behavior to school administrators, and I just haven't been able to make up my mind. In the meantime, so many scenarios of what I could do keep running through my head.

My questions for you is this.
1. What would you do if you planned to stay in the relationship?
2. Is that different from what you would have done if the relationship had ended?

So who gave her your cell phone number and why is your boyfriend allowing this continue? Also, if you are so bothered by this take her to court for stalking and get a restraining order. Posting on this forum is going to do nothing to help you solve this issue. One thing has nothing to do with the other in my opinion, whether you break up or stay together does not guarantee the issue with the ex-girlfriend leaving you alone.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
Quote:
So me and my BF have been dating now for 6 months. Great guy except for some drama over an ex-girlfriend that's been stalking him. She tried to get him to leave me and take back up with her, and when that didn't work, she called and left some nasty voicemails on my cell phone, in a desperate attempt to break is up.

Me being the super awesome person I am.... Her efforts were unsuccessful. Now, I still have those voicemails, and I am contemplating what, if anything, I should do with them. She is an educator that teaches at the same high school as my BF, and where my daughter attends school. The only way she could have gotten my cell phone number was to access a secure school database, so I'm sure she has violated some professional standards. My BF told me it was my decision whether I should report her behavior to school administrators, and I just haven't been able to make up my mind. In the meantime, so many scenarios of what I could do keep running through my head.

2. Is that different from what you would have done if the relationship had ended?

Ignore her, take the high road.

Do save the messages just in case things ever escalated in some way and you needed them in a criminal case, but other than that, forget about them.

The best revenge is living well

Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,116,622 times
Default My BF's crazy, stalker ex-girlfriend left a drunk voicemail on my cell phone.

Quote:

After reading the first sentence of the second paragraph, the rest is probably all BS too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships