Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM

66 posts, read 115,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Thank you. That is the most well thought out, rational response I've gotten so far.

That is exactly what 80% of the people responding to you have stated. I guess you were finally able to receive the well-intended advice. It appeared to me, and others, that you wanted a confrontation, but that would only escalate the issue to make it worse for you, BF and daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 05:27 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times
I'd report it simply because your daughter goes to that school and I don't know if I'd want my kid associating with her. You're a very strong female, by the way. Knowing me, I don't think I would've stayed in the relationship regardless of my SO's behavior and fidelity. I just...that's more drama than I'd like in my life over another person.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:29 PM

362 posts, read 559,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I'd report it simply because your daughter goes to that school and I don't know if I'd want my kid associating with her. You're a very strong female, by the way. Knowing me, I don't think I would've stayed in the relationship regardless of my SO's behavior and fidelity. I just...that's more drama than I'd like in my life over another person.
My daughter was graduating and only had a few more weeks of school, I was a little concerned about retaliation against her so haven't filed a formal complaint yet. Did go down to the school board office and found out how and got the paperwork to file it last week.

As to the drama, it was non-stop and bothersome and way more than I would ever want in my life, but I convinced myself that I wasn't going to let her win. When I went down to the school board office, with my BF, and he spoke about it to the administrator, he used the term "she lost, she needs to just move on". I think it irked me more than a little that he considered himself such a prize to be won, and it became clear to me that the drama was all his doing. He fed it, he egged it on, he kept it going because he thrived on it. What an ego to think he was a prize..... What an idiot I was to play his game.

I ended it 2 days later. It is done, it is over, and I am nothing but relieved about it.

Thanks everyone that responded to my question. May not have been the answers I was looking for, but it helped put things in perspective for me.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
My daughter was graduating and only had a few more weeks of school, I was a little concerned about retaliation against her so haven't filed a formal complaint yet. Did go down to the school board office and found out how and got the paperwork to file it last week.

As to the drama, it was non-stop and bothersome and way more than I would ever want in my life, but I convinced myself that I wasn't going to let her win. When I went down to the school board office, with my BF, and he spoke about it to the administrator, he used the term "she lost, she needs to just move on". I think it irked me more than a little that he considered himself such a prize to be won, and it became clear to me that the drama was all his doing. He fed it, he egged it on, he kept it going because he thrived on it. What an ego to think he was a prize..... What an idiot I was to play his game.

I ended it 2 days later. It is done, it is over, and I am nothing but relieved about it.

Thanks everyone that responded to my question. May not have been the answers I was looking for, but it helped put things in perspective for me.
Woohoo! Glad that you were able to move on

Old 06-08-2013, 06:10 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,252 times
It is good that you were able to see his behavior for what it was and act on your knowledge. You probably saved yourself a lot of headache, drama and time.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
DELETED

Next time I should read the whole thread before responding!

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 06-08-2013 at 08:39 PM..

Old 06-08-2013, 08:37 PM

DELETED

Next time I should read the whole thread before responding again!

Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Now that I have read the whole thread, I'm really confused. You spent the first half of the thread talking about how great of a guy he was. Then he made one comment about "she lost, she needs to move on" and you think he's this egotistical SOB all of a sudden. I know these forums don't always let us see what is really going on, but I thikn I feel kinda bad for him now.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 AM

362 posts, read 559,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Now that I have read the whole thread, I'm really confused. You spent the first half of the thread talking about how great of a guy he was. Then he made one comment about "she lost, she needs to move on" and you think he's this egotistical SOB all of a sudden. I know these forums don't always let us see what is really going on, but I thikn I feel kinda bad for him now.
Don't feel bad for him Joe, just like I don't want you to feel bad for me. I am not a victim, I chose to stay with him of my own accord when I could have ended it months ago. What I knew of the situation was from his viewpoint, he claimed to have "chosen" me over her. However after he made that choice, he continued the drama with her when he should have been focusing on our relationship. He continued the drama in a way that completely eroded my trust in him. I have no regrets over the relationship ending, and am very relieved that it did.

You see, he's been doing this crazy dance with her for over 3 years now. He dates her, she breaks up with him, he finds someone else, she tells him she wants him back, he ditches the new girl for her, he dates her, she breaks up with him again. The cycle has repeated itself several time now. The only difference is he didn't leave me, just carried on with her while in a "monogamous" relationship with me.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:41 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Yikes. Block her number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships