Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you?
Definitely 2 20.00%
Probably but I'd wonder 4 40.00%
Probably not 2 20.00%
No 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:09 PM

247 posts, read 355,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It depends on your personal perspective. My ex had no ambition whatsoever and was chronically underemployed, but his family is wealthy and has a name that is well known.

Either way, he does not qualify for the phenomenon I speak of as he dates white women too.
so look out for white guys who only date black women?

Old 04-13-2013, 12:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It depends on your personal perspective. My ex had no ambition whatsoever and was chronically underemployed, but his family is wealthy and has a name that is well known.

Either way, he does not qualify for the phenomenon I speak of as he dates white women too.
Ok.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,360,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Her user name is B Ma China. Maybe she is talking about herself
I could be B Machina.
Machina is the russian word for car.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,767,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I could be B Machina.
Machina is the russian word for car.
It could also be B Ma China I said maybe she is talking about herself, Not absolutely.

Your point?

Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
so look out for white guys who only date black women?
I would just avoid ones like this :

Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It could also be B Ma China I said maybe she is talking about herself, Not absolutely.

Your point?
Panties ruffled dear?

I simply said what it could be.
Same as you.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:20 PM

247 posts, read 355,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I would just avoid ones like this :
LOL He is so annoying. But yeah might as well get the real thing instead of a watered down imitation

Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That depends.
I move every few months to a year and I don't take my bicycles with me.

Currently, I'm riding a Giant Roam.
Which one do you recomend?

Old 04-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Which one do you recomend?
Different for everyone.

How much do you ride?
Where do you ride?
How much do you want to spend?
Which do you like how it looks?
Which do you like how it feels?

In the end they're all just bikes. You get on and pedal.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,167,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's another 'race' thread, and one may quibble over the reality of the concept of race, but in America and much of the world it's still an issue people face and deal with.

I have a friend who's like this. He's white but he only dates Asian, mostly Japanese girls. I won't go into his reasons (I don't know them all either) and I am AWARE it is a preference (don't lecture me over this). I remember one time I was talking to this girl he had a fling with, who was Japanese, and she said she hated white men who ONLY went after Japanese girls. She felt there was just something wrong with it. Of course, yes, dear reader, the obvious fact was she did have a fling with my friend, so maybe it was part bitterness, who knows. Fact is, she thought there was something distasteful about white men who specifically chased asian women.

Another common situation I've heard is black men who only dated white women. Some black women aren't really happy about this. Course it's none of their business who someone else dates, but one has to wonder: is it possible some of these black men don't think their women are good enough? Same with Asian women who think white men are somehow superior and won't even look at Asian men.

I'm not condemning it harshly, but I will say it's a bit unnatural to ONLY be interested in dating another race. It's different from just being attracted to all people, INCLUDING your own group, but to totally rule out your own group? Personally I'm open to dating women of all backgrounds although I will admit to having aesthetic preferences.

So my question is: would you date someone of another race who ONLY dated people of your race? Say if you were a white woman, what would you think of a black guy who was only into white girls?

I'm quite seriously about this question, so I hope it doesn't get derailed and closed. I'm Asian myself, and have seen videos of white girls who like Asian guys, and some of them say they prefer Asian guys. Of course some guys might watch these vids and feel good about it, but I'd rather date someone who saw me as a person, not because of my 'race' or anything like that. Of course to prefer is one thing, but not date at all? At the very least I find it a peculiar form of preference which of course cannot argued to be innately genetic as such a situation wouldn't arise out of a nature. If you raised totally among another race/ethnicity than at least it's more understandable though.

Intelligent responses please.

No, I would not want to be part of someone's sexual fantasy and would only prefer to date someone outside my race who actually was attracted to me because I have nice features not because I;m blaack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships