Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Unfortunately, many people out there with unplanned pregnancies do not make good parents.
But many do and that's what closed minded people fail to realise! If they would take their heads out their a*s they'd see we stand up and take on the roll of both parents and all we get is criticised for being single parents?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sorry, no respect for you from the Internet guy since your bf left you high and dry. /end sarcasm. People on this forum are unbelievable. Good for you for doing right by your child.
I know I'm a better parent than a lot of "parents" I don't care what anyone says about single parents sometimes things happen and in my heart I believe everything happens for a reason.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
What suggests that they aren't ready to accept the consequences of their actions.
The fact that he would run away instead of taking responisbility for his actions. If they aren't both on the same page with how to deal with this, they shouldn't be risking a pregnancy. I guess "running" would be his way of accepting/dealing with the consequences but it makes him look like an immature loser, IMO.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I know I'm a better parent than a lot of "parents" I don't care what anyone says about single parents sometimes things happen and in my heart I believe everything happens for a reason.
I had a pregnancy scare once when I was young (with a man who told me he was sterile and I was too young and stupid to know any better) and he left me. Once he found out it was a false alarm he tried to come back. Lesson learned and halleluiah for the morning after pill for when the condom breaks. Either way, I just don't know where these guys come up with half the crap they post.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM

709 posts, read 598,911 times
Quote:

Monster Jam - San Antonio 2008 - Grave Digger Monster Truck - YouTube

Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,243,595 times
Quote:
But many do and that's what closed minded people fail to realise! If they would take their heads out their a*s they'd see we stand up and take on the roll of both parents and all we get is criticised for being single parents?
Well forgive me, but in my own case that didn't happen, so naturally I am very leery of single parents. I'd like to think that if a pregnancy was planned, people would make better parents.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Well forgive me, but in my own case that didn't happen, so naturally I am very leery of single parents. I'd like to think that if a pregnancy was planned, people would make better parents.
So, it's really about you. Figures, but the only people that you shouldn't be respecting are your parents. No need to hold strangers accountable for the activities of your parents via disrespect of others.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I had a pregnancy scare once when I was young (with a man who told me he was sterile and I was too young and stupid to know any better) and he left me. Once he found out it was a false alarm he tried to come back. Lesson learned and halleluiah for the morning after pill for when the condom breaks. Either way, I just don't know where these guys come up with half the crap they post.
Im Glad it worked out for you

I was terrified I was 22 but he was fine! He kept saying we'll be fine don't worry he was actually talking to my tummy etc but then one day phoned me and told me he couldn't do it. That was that I've never heard from him and he only lives about 6minutes from me he's never paid a penny for my son which I'm happy with because he can't throw anything back at me. Everything my son had I bought everything he's learned I taught him and I couldn't be happier

Old 04-13-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
In your own case? Your a single parent or a from a single parent household?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,340,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Leaves her?

Why the hell would he do that?

He's supposed to love her.

Like I said.....BASTARD!!
You are aware that the child and the mother are two different people, right?
As such, the father could very well love and support one of those individuals and not the other, right?

F'ing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
The fact that he would run away instead of taking responisbility for his actions. If they aren't both on the same page with how to deal with this, they shouldn't be risking a pregnancy. I guess "running" would be his way of accepting/dealing with the consequences but it makes him look like an immature loser, IMO.
The OP didn't state anything about 'running away'. People are reading way more into this than they should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.