Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM

709 posts, read 600,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
I think he's a weak bastard....better let a BETTER more manly man take care of son....

He isn't man enough to do it.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, it's not complete bull****.

Many people who have unplanned pregnancies just don't think of the children.
I disagree I had a unplanned pregnancy after known my guy 12 years he left me 3 weeks pregnant. I can assure you I'm a much better parent and person than a lot of "couples" with kids.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,371,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
I think he's a weak bastard....better let a BETTER more manly man take care of son....

He isn't man enough to do it.
Sam, you're reading more into the question than is there.
Nothing in the OP states that the man wouldn't take care of his child. And nothing in the OP states that that child is a son.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,130,497 times
Quote:
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
He doesn't "get" her pregnant..it takes 2 to tango and she was there participating as well.

I understand birth control fails but if they are not ready to accept the consequences of their actions then they should not be having sex.

If he leaves...well it's not the most noble thing to do. Running off and getting married just because of a pregnancy is pretty foolish as well. He should support the child financially though.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:28 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,371,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
He doesn't "get" her pregnant..it takes 2 to tango and she was there participating as well.

I understand birth control fails but if they are not ready to accept the consequences of their actions then they should not be having sex.
What suggests that they aren't ready to accept the consequences of their actions.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:28 AM

709 posts, read 600,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Sam, you're reading more into the question than is there.
Nothing in the OP states that the man wouldn't take care of his child. And nothing in the OP states that that child is a son.
Leaves her?

Why the hell would he do that?

He's supposed to love her.

Like I said.....BASTARD!!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,256,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I disagree I had a unplanned pregnancy after known my guy 12 years he left me 3 weeks pregnant. I can assure you I'm a much better parent and person than a lot of "couples" with kids.
Unfortunately, many people out there with unplanned pregnancies do not make good parents.

2,386 posts, read 3,278,564 times
Quote:
I tend to agree in general that men who do this are pretty bad. Isn't it the time they should put in the extra effort to make things work? when they've gotten someone pregnant? But if they suspect she tried to trap them, IDK, still, if a man thinks he's with the sort of woman who'd do that, maybe he shouldn't continue to have sex with her. I still lean toward the opinion this is not a gentleman who would do this to someone.
My situation was a totally unexpected and I was devastated but not for me for some reason when he left me I didn't care I just cried thinking of my baby (son) I couldn't understand how he could walk away from his child. I'm a good mum though and my son has a great life. I'm going back to school to become a nurse this fall when my son starts nursery (per school) he's now 2 and a half and he's never asked about his dad or anything I think he thinks my dad is his dad and he loves him to death so I know he's not missing out on anything

19,018 posts, read 25,261,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Sorry, no respect for you from the Internet guy since your bf left you high and dry. /end sarcasm. People on this forum are unbelievable. Good for you for doing right by your child.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,077,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
What suggests that they aren't ready to accept the consequences of their actions.
Yes, let's say he is willing to be a father to the child, just not wanting to stay with the mother. He is willing to do whatever the mother wants besides stay with her, be in the child's life, pay child support etc. Or, if she chooses, stay out of the child's life and pay nothing. Let's say he leaves it up to the mother. Only thing is he will not continue to be in a relationship with the mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships