Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 PM

106 posts, read 171,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, hopefully they won't end up like their father. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't usually fall to far from the tree.
Oh he was always very discreet about it. My oldest nephew will be 30 this year and the other two are 27 and 24. They have their own lives, I don't think it'll have much influence over them at this stage.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,693,070 times
I've seen this happen to a few of my friends, unfortunately. With 2 of them, the guys WERE decent, they just got scared and bolted never to be seen again. One left his wife while she was pregnant with their third because he decided he wanted a 19 year old girlfriend and that was more important than his family. They were together since high school and married for nearly a decade when this happened.

It happens, and it sucks. I'm terrified of being pregnant and if I were to somehow become pregnant I would assume I was a single mother regardless of relationship status, and prepare my life as such.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,248,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
Yes, what I described is a classic method to try to trap a man. Yes, the man should always wear a condom. That's what I said several times.

Yes, he should have honored his wife. But I don't mingle in their marriage so I wouldn't know the reasons. They're getting a divorce so it doesn't matter anymore.
Quote:
Oh he was always very discreet about it. My oldest nephew will be 30 this year and the other two are 27 and 24. They have their own lives, I don't think it'll have much influence over them at this stage.
That's your impression and it's quite clear that your impressions are questionable.
For example, your impression vs reality....
Quote:
Studies on the birth control sabotage performed by males against female partners have indicated a strong correlation between domestic violence and birth control sabotage. These studies have identified two main classes of the phenomenon:[6]
  • Verbal sabotage—verbal or emotional pressure not to use birth control or to become pregnant.
  • Behavioral sabotage—the use of force to have unprotected sexual intercourse or not to use birth control.
Birth control sabotage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
For example, your impression vs reality....

Birth control sabotage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That only states the most usual reasons of male birth control sabotage, it doesn't say it's more common. Besides, Wikipedia <3.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

It happens, and it sucks. I'm terrified of being pregnant and if I were to somehow become pregnant I would assume I was a single mother regardless of relationship status, and prepare my life as such.
I certainly don't make that assumption given my marriage, but (big but!) you never know. He could lose his job, die, become incapacitated, whatever. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
That only states the most usual reasons of male birth control sabotage, it doesn't say it's more common. Besides, Wikipedia <3.
Besides wikipedia nothing. There's a citation there and it's more reliable than your opinion and absurd impressions, especially when you have less experience in the relationship department than my min pin. Shocking, I know.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
He's scum. It's why we have so many fatherless children.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM

11,241 posts, read 8,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
It's easy to say he's a crappy person, and that is likely true, but OP didn't really give us any information to go on. Relationships are two way streets, and it takes two to make them work, and two to make them not work.

I really don't have enough info to form ANY opinion, but if I had to guess, there are two crappy people here. Any TWO people that create a baby together had better be committed, and by committed, I mean more than just "not leaving"...

Old 04-13-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Besides wikipedia nothing. There's a citation there and it's more reliable than your opinion. Shocking, I know.
Well, I couldn't care less about people who only live to "win" Internet discussions as you can imagine. I've no pity for women who get pregnant in these situations though. If they aren't sure the man would stay, don't have sex. Abortion is also available for a reason.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Well, I couldn't care less about people who only live to "win" Internet discussions as you can imagine. I've no pity for women who get pregnant in these situations though. If they aren't sure the man would stay, don't have sex. Abortion is also available for a reason.
I don't think your pity in needed by single parents. As if it matters. Although, when stupidity about women surfaces on this forum from men such as yourself, casting a light on that bull shyte is always a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships