Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

When people say 9s and 10s I think Calvin Klein or Victoria Secret model, so I'm sure that is unrealistic.

For the rest of us mortals the highest number starts at 8.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 02:32 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When people say 9s and 10s I think Calvin Klein or Victoria Secret model, so I'm sure that is unrealistic.

Exactly, my point being that she'll need to go with a mere mortal, herself.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:

There are many of us 9's and 10's that do not work in the modeling industry, or anything related to that.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Exactly, my point being that she'll need to go with a mere mortal, herself.
Where I come from, OP can be considered an 8 or a 9 depending on the man's preferences.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:

I once overheard some girl say that she thought I was an "8".....LOL, maybe 20 yrs ago....

IDK... I have no interest really in women who are exceptionally pretty..

I was out at lunch with some co-workers a few days ago and this fabulous woman walked by, tall, beautiful, perfect figure, prefect hair, nice little sundress on. The whole 9 yards.... I mean people stopped at stared at this woman......

I wonder if she has a good heart......, I hope she does... cause it would be a killer combo to have....

Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I never put too much stock in looks.... they are fleeting. You need much more than that to run in my circle.

It's like an awesome book cover with blank pages inside.

Now attraction is a MUST.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Where I come from, OP can be considered an 8 or a 9 depending on the man's preferences.
That's where you come from. Western European men would regard her as an overweight American. Not trying to be mean, but it is what it is. Drop 20, and it might be different.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:17 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Eventually I do want to get into a relationship and finish my major. Apart from wanting to become the owner of a corporation this is my simple list of what I'm currently looking towards a man. My requirements have been updated and it's not the same as when I was 18-22 years old (I'm 26 now)

Qualities
1) Handsome European (not just a merely attrative 6/10 in looks but the top)
2) Career-minded like me
3) Likes traveling
4) Great personality and isn't into the sex double standard.... overall is a nice person
5) No party animal, stud nor one that drinks and/or smokes heavily
6) Wants marriage but NO KIDS
Your list is entirely reasonable IF you have the looks to appeal to such a man. It already sounds like you have the ambition to match what you're seeking.

My ideal matches are about 1 in 10,000, so there are about 18,000 in the USA - if I could find them. Actually, I found enough using dating sites, but you may have better luck with professional organizations and business conferences.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:22 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
My older female cousin got married at the age of 39 and found a professional man (well she also has a Ph.D. degree) that likes traveling and doesn't want kids. Thought that guy is in his 50's and bald. I have to say it took her a very long while.
Sorry, you come off as a "flake" in your posts. It's fine to have certain standards, but your list is going to severely limit the available pool of dating material. First focus on quality - the outer qualities can initially be altered with time and $$, no amount of time and money will ever change someone's inner qualities. Looks fade, what is left behind is what you will have to put up with every second you are with that person. You're young now, but at some point things will start to deteriorate on your facade that no amount of money can fix - when the shoe is on the other foot, will you be so critical then? In other words, take a good look in the mirror, honey.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:48 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Thus you have to realize that you could be that old when you will finally find your knight in shinning armour, or maybe even older since you are looking for an attractive man.

...Furthermore you will probably have to develop a career as well, since it's easier to find people who are currently out of your league, when you get IN their league.
True...

It takes time to find something specific, that's not too common than something generic. I just hope it doesn't take too much time. The older I get, the harder it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships