Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times

Advertisements

I've published the results of my extensive research:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 03:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband. It's usually abbreviated to dear husband... DH. How could you have missed this in the Relationship forum??

Or, if I am in a passive/aggressive mood..... damn husband.
I've never heard that before...lol. Do you refer to him that way all the time?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:49 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Congrats OP, you made a list for basically no man to ever be able to fulfill. You'll probably be alone a while.

If you really want to "own a corporation", wouldn't 99.9% of the people you knew be "below" your league? You expect to never date at or below your level, yet you expect a man to lower his standards to you?

I hate to break it to you, but there is a real power dynamic in relationships for men and women. If you look at any "power" couple, one of them usually holds higher power. You really can't have two ridiculously career oriented people in terms of the business world (OK, it could happen, but you have to admit it's rare). No matter male/female execs in my company (and mine is just a 10,000 person company, imagine more), the one's who are married have a spouse who is willing to move with them and completely give up everything they knew. When you move from Europe to the US, back and forth, across the US as well, it's just a struggle no matter what.

Someone will be "below" your level or you will be below theirs. I think you are better off eliminating the whole idea that there are these levels and seeking what it is you truly want in life. Your list sounds like your ideal business partner. Maybe that's what you need.

I think it's funny how people want to "own a corporation" which is nothing more then legal jargon to state how a business is structured.

These people (not necessarily the OP) throw around how they want to own a corporation because is sounds prestigious, but they never talk about what specific skills they have, or how they truly intend to help people.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I think it's funny how people want to "own a corporation" which is nothing more then legal jargon to state how a business is structured.

These people (not necessarily the OP) throw around how they want to own a corporation because is sounds prestigious, but they never talk about what specific skills they have, or how they truly intend to help people.
I'm assuming she meant to make it sound pretty snazzy because she has insanely high standards.

Owning any sort of business (no matter what size) is insane amounts of work, regardless.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Personally I have a burning ambition to own a small candy store near the River Thames.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:06 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,539 times
Quote:
I'm assuming she meant to make it sound pretty snazzy because she has insanely high standards.

Owning any sort of business (no matter what size) is insane amounts of work, regardless.
Actually I was being serious about it.

Why would I be comfortable settling for less? Or keep going for average Joes?

It would be funny if my ex bf were to see this thread but he never was into writing on forums. I think he would be kind of shocked. Long ago he said things like ''What I like about you is you've never demand nor want more.... oh you're so humble, I love you'' or ''Wow you're so different''.

Now I'm not the girl he met and won't go back to that former self again.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Nice list, but if I saw your advert, I wouldn't respond simply because your goals of wanting to become a owner of a corporation means that you wouldn't have any time left over for me. Owners of successful corporations work 10, 12+ hour days 6-7 days a week.
There is always time for everything and at some point I'm sure you can take a vacation. There's always going to some quality time spend.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
the one's who are married have a spouse who is willing to move with them and completely give up everything they knew.
Does this mean I will have to give up my career to be a SAHW (stay-at-home-wife)?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
You probably need to be a natural blonde to achieve what's on your list.

How bout doing the corporate thing, work your way up, marry a nice guy with an equally sensible career and travel?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post

How bout doing the corporate thing, work your way up, marry a nice guy with an equally sensible career and travel?
I like this idea ... get a starter boyfriend for now and then trade up a couple of times and you'll be golden!
Don't do it too often else you'd be labeled a man-hopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships