Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Here goes:

Getting inked up to commemorate some "life changing event"
Just curious, why this one? And are you talking any tattoo period or just the really big ones? (I don't have any tats, for the record, but have been considering one-for 5 years so it probably isn't going to happen).

Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Just curious, why this one? And are you talking any tattoo period or just the really big ones? (I don't have any tats, for the record, but have been considering one-for 5 years so it probably isn't going to happen).
If it's small/hidden, it isn't such a big deal. If it's something along the lines of a full sleeve, it screams "look at me. I'm unique and special and you should ask me about it so I can tell you, b/c I love talking about myself to anyone who will listen."

Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times
Quote:
If it's small/hidden, it isn't such a big deal. If it's something along the lines of a full sleeve, it screams "look at me. I'm unique and special and you should ask me about it so I can tell you, b/c I love talking about myself to anyone who will listen."
Gotcha. The one I've been considering would be a memorial tattoo, but small and designed in such a way that I'd know the meaning but it wouldn't be obvious to anyone else.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Gotcha. The one I've been considering would be a memorial tattoo, but small and designed in such a way that I'd know the meaning but it wouldn't be obvious to anyone else.
Just don't expect the next guy to be thrilled about a memorial to your deceased husband... I would be understanding, but not everyone else would. Memories are forever and are infinitely more beautiful than any tattoo

Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Someone who's damaged goods to me is one who's exes moved on because of her, has a kid from a dysfunctional relationship, or grew up in an unstable household.

It's obviously she may still have feelings for or think about her exes.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
damaged goods implies a warranty, and none of us have one-tho i once wished i had one.

some of us have more mileage on us than others, but with more mileage -should come maturity and wisdom

i dont like the word BAGGAGE either...because some think kids are baggage- and thats just beyond rude

if i had to answer the question, i'd say someone that is an alcoholic/drug user, has anger issues,,,someone that has been shyt on and now out for revenge...
someone who cant "let go" of past crap- and mirrors it on others

Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
A Meth addict, alcoholic/drug addict, severely mentally ill person, sociopath, violent criminal. Someone who has intentionally damaged their body or mind.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Here goes:

Multiple failed marriages
Cynical/jaded
Emotionally unavailable for any multitude of reasons
Bitter
Suspicious/overly guarded/unwilling or unable to take things at face value
Various addicts
Purposely poor communication
Horrible/abusive parents
Unresolved sexual abuse/intimacy issues
Desperately trying to relive their youth/unwilling to accept their life stage
Entitled/spoiled rotten
Soooo....basically everyone.

Everyone at some stage in their life has experienced something on your list and if they say they haven't, they're lying.

So if everyone is damaged goods...what then? Living life is what causes damage...I'd be very wary of a person who comes out completely unaffected and unscathed. It simply means they are not actually living life.

And I love my full sleeve of tattoos and I don't think I'm some unique person nor am I crying for attention. Most of the time it's covered up because of people like you who will immediately judge me because of it.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Someone that's caused more pain and misery than I have...

Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Here goes:

Multiple failed marriages
Cynical/jaded
Emotionally unavailable for any multitude of reasons
Bitter
Suspicious/overly guarded/unwilling or unable to take things at face value
Various addicts
Purposely poor communication
Horrible/abusive parents
Unresolved sexual abuse/intimacy issues
Desperately trying to relive their youth/unwilling to accept their life stage
Entitled/spoiled rotten
I don't consider these people (except the severe addicts) damaged, just human...

Without people overcoming some life obstacles to become stronger, the world would be a pretty boring place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships