Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 04:01 PM

202 posts, read 479,721 times

Advertisements

Relationships are not even in my future so let's not even talk about marriage... Oh well! There are far worse things in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm pretty much convinced that I'll never meet Mr. Right, but I'm okay with that if it doesn't happen.
you may be right, i may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you are looking for

what you stated puts a lot of pressure on dating,,,everyone you meet,,,you might think "is this mr right"

think of "mr right now" and see what happens

Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Good grief. I'm not going to go out and make everyone I know join CD so that they can tell you that they are happily married.

For all you marriage haters out there - don't get married. Problem solved. Get over it already. Personally, I don't give a rat's behind if you want to get married or not. I'd just like everyone to be happy. If you are happy not being married - then just be happy and stop complaining!
You don't get it do you? Of course, anti-marriage people are happy not being married. If they weren't then they would get married. It's such a luxury for you to not have anybody always criticizing you because you're part of the majority. You're perfectly normal so they don't bother you yet someone like me is not consider normal to another person so they get all interested in why I'm in the minority. What makes me so special that you're going to start interrogating me?

Seriously, unmarried people can't be arsed about what pro-marriage people think so why insist on berating them? Save me the judgment and judge someone who can be arsed about your (general sense) opinion. You want everyone to be happy. Are you sure? You care about random strangers being happy? That's easier said than done. I just want people to mind their own business. That's something regardless of whether someone who is happy or not can do.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You don't get it do you? Of course, anti-marriage people are happy not being married. If they weren't then they would get married. It's such a luxury for you to not have anybody always criticizing you because you're part of the majority. You're perfectly normal so they don't bother you yet someone like me is not consider normal to another person so they get all interested in why I'm in the minority. What makes me so special that you're going to start interrogating me?

Seriously, unmarried people can't be arsed about what pro-marriage people think so why insist on berating them? Save me the judgment and judge someone who can be arsed about your (general sense) opinion. You want everyone to be happy. Are you sure? You care about random strangers being happy? That's easier said than done. I just want people to mind their own business. That's something regardless of whether someone who is happy or not can do.
Cry me a river. Seriously.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you may be right, i may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you are looking for

what you stated puts a lot of pressure on dating,,,everyone you meet,,,you might think "is this mr right"

think of "mr right now" and see what happens
I don't go into situations wondering if so-and-so is Mr. Right. In fact, that's the last thing on my mind. I'm just saying that things never progress to the point where I think someone might be right for me to eventually marry.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Cry me a river. Seriously.
What a cop out.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
What a cop out.
It's not a copout. You're a whiner and it's boring.

There is a whole segment of the populations that still aren't legally allowed to get married. They have to fight for their rights. People get beat up, bullied, killed for being gay. There are countries where women are treated like slaves and mutilated. And you're complaining because people give you a hard time about not being married? Give me a break.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
It's not a copout. You're a whiner and it's boring.
So a valid point is considered to be whining. How is wanting someone to mind their own business whining?

Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
All the time. I don't really care. I've built a life that pleases me. If I wanted a husband that badly, I'd set to work making the changes that would guarantee I find one. But it's just not that important to me. After a very lonely childhood, I am comfortable - possibly even happiest - with solitude.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
So a valid point is considered to be whining. How is wanting someone to mind their own business whining?
See my expanded post.

You complain about wanting people to mind their own business. You complain that your girlfriend wants to have sex with you. You complain that your girlfriend wants to spend more time with you. You complain about everything. The only thing that seems to matter to you is money. Great. Then be happy with your money and quit your whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships