Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times

Advertisements

I've seen my wife's office/cube. Some I've seen, some not. Its not biggie. I don't go out of my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 AM

318 posts, read 566,894 times
If you are not interested in seeing where your wife or husband works I suspect you are not interested in other aspects of their life too. I see divorce!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
helped put most of it together...i don't need to see it ever again as long as i live.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
If you are not interested in seeing where your wife or husband works I suspect you are not interested in other aspects of their life too. I see divorce!
Rubbish.. that's one hell of a leap to make. "Fancy popping in to my work today love?" "Nah, not really that interested" "What!?! .. and I thought you loved me!... We're through!" *runs off crying and hides under the sink *

Good grief... If your partner reacts like that to your not seeing where they work then your certainly off better without them.. just a hint of the melodramatics mayhaps?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Depends on the workplace. I'm at a school, so my SO stopping by is disruptive to the day unless it's after the kids leave. Not a traditional office. My SO is military, so his office requires security clearance. But I have visited his work before in the sense that I've gone and seen him participate in public events, doing honor guards, presentations, color guards, etc.

Overall, I find interest in an SO's work and his interest in mine to be important. Some people have jobs that they consider just jobs, and wouldn't really care one way or another about a partner's interest in what they do, but in my case, my work is pretty personally meaningful and reflects much about what I value in life, so it's a more personal part of me. If a guy isn't interested in what I do, doesn't care to come see what I do, etc., then he doesn't really realize how much a part of my life it is, and that's not very promising.

One of the first indications that my ex was no longer interested in me, in retrospect, was when he went from being really proud of me and the work I do, stopping by, getting to know and learn about the population I work with, telling people about my work with pride, etc. to gradually not caring to hear anything about it at all, or ever stopping in. When we were first together, he actually insisted on picking me up every day (I rode public trans in to work), so he could stop by my office, say hi to my coworkers, wanted them to know who he was, etc. By the last year of our relationship, he never once stopped in, showed no interest in anything about my career, and was critical of it all the time. He also went from wanting me to get to know his work colleagues, inviting me to happy hours with them, superbowl parties, etc. to not caring one way or another about such things.

But in this case, it was the shift that was the indicator. If it were a relationship where that precedent had never been set, it wouldn't have been such an indicator.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous absolutist statement!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Serious rubbish and a rule that only applies to your relationship.

With my ex, he always visited, hung out and got to know my co-workers. He actually stopped by unannounced frequently to the job I had in college, bringing me gifts like lingerie, chocolates, lunch, etc. All my co-workers thought I had such a great guy and I was sooo lucky.

Turned out he was a long-time cheater with a whole other girlfriend of 2 years he had behind my back! All the extra attention and affection was a cover-up and over-compensation for his lies.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Spouse an office worker? Have you seen their office, cublical or work station? Reply to Thread

Quote:
If you are in love with your spouse, seeing where he or she works is a big deal!

Don't you want to see the world where they are when you are apart? Don't you want to meet the coworkers they talk about? She how their office is decorate d? See if there are any pictures of you? Meet their boss who she complains about all the time? Curiosity is part of being in love!
I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Seeing where she works may be a big deal to you, but other people could care less, and how much you love your spouse has nothing to do with it. You need to remember, not all people think the same about any given subject.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 AM

504 posts, read 852,433 times
I'm not interested in my own workplace, why the heck would anyone else be?

But yes, my husband has seen my office many times and chatted with most of my co-workers.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
He's trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships