Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 AM

318 posts, read 566,984 times

Advertisements

A group of family were sitting around talking and one person talked about how his wife had started a new job about eight months ago. I asked if he had been down to her office to check it out and got a long hard stare. Finally after the longest time he, said, "why in God's name would I want to go see some generic office building and cubical?' I said, "because your wife works there and that is her world for a third of her waking life." Then both wife and husband piped in and told me it was silly for them to be concerned or interested in seeing the exact office building, cubical or workplace of their spouse.

I could not disagree more! My wife is always talking about her coworkers, her conversations at lunch in the break room, the copier machine that always breaks down, the good looking guy in the next cubicle and all the other things that goes on at her office. She is my wife, I should be interested and wanted to see what she was talking about as soon as possible.

Which side are you on. Me with my natural curiosity about my wife's work world and environment, or my relatives who think visiting their spouses office is crazy and unnecessary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM

307 posts, read 631,082 times
I have gone to my husband's work and met his coworkers. He couldn't go to mine due to our security policy, but he has met all of my co-workers at social events held after work. I couldn't imagine listening to him talk about his day and not wanting to meet all the people involved.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
AWhich side are you on. Me with my natural curiosity about my wife's work world and environment, or my relatives who think visiting their spouses office is crazy and unnecessary?
I'm on neither side.
If one wants to visit their spouse's job - they should.
If they have no interest - they should not.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I have met some of my wife's coworkers.
I have zero interest in seeing the actual office/work space.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,815 times
I always saw my wife's office because I periodically brought her flowers. She always saw mine when she'd come join me for lunch. We both knew one another's co-workers. To us it would have been disinterested bordering on dismissive not to.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
The only reason why I've been to my husband's office is because I was in th neighborhood for something else and decided to stop by. Same for him but he has not been to my current office.

Its not a priority for us at all. In fact, I have never thought about it.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
I've stopped by her office before. It wasn't a big deal.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
I don't want any family to come to my work and see my office. My work and private life are seperate. When i go to work i leave my private life at work and when i leave work my job stays there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 AM

318 posts, read 566,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I've stopped by her office before. It wasn't a big deal.
If you are in love with your spouse, seeing where he or she works is a big deal!

Don't you want to see the world where they are when you are apart? Don't you want to meet the coworkers they talk about? She how their office is decorate d? See if there are any pictures of you? Meet their boss who she complains about all the time? Curiosity is part of being in love!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
If you are in love with your spouse, seeing where he or she works is a big deal!

Don't you want to see the world where they are when you are apart? Don't you want to meet the coworkers they talk about? She how their office is decorate d? See if there are any pictures of you? Meet their boss who she complains about all the time?
The answer to all of those questions is "no, not really." I've seen some SO's offices if I've stopped by for lunch or to drop something off (which happens once in a blue moon,) but I've never felt it was my duty to perform an inspection of their workplace.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-22-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships