Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times

Advertisements

All i know about her office was that upper management would go sit in her office when she went on vacation and just sit, look around. Seems it was comfortable and organized to perfection, to her credit she never complained. It got to the point that being in that middle management layer she had many young managers come to her for comfort and counsel so she always had plenty of tissue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
A group of family were sitting around talking and one person talked about how his wife had started a new job about eight months ago. I asked if he had been down to her office to check it out and got a long hard stare. Finally after the longest time he, said, "why in God's name would I want to go see some generic office building and cubical?' I said, "because your wife works there and that is her world for a third of her waking life." Then both wife and husband piped in and told me it was silly for them to be concerned or interested in seeing the exact office building, cubical or workplace of their spouse.

I could not disagree more! My wife is always talking about her coworkers, her conversations at lunch in the break room, the copier machine that always breaks down, the good looking guy in the next cubicle and all the other things that goes on at her office. She is my wife, I should be interested and wanted to see what she was talking about as soon as possible.

Which side are you on. Me with my natural curiosity about my wife's work world and environment, or my relatives who think visiting their spouses office is crazy and unnecessary?
Due to company policy visitors were not allowed beyond the lobby of my wife's former employer. Out of the 20 + years she worked there I saw her cubicle once. Not a big deal.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I have been in my husband's office once. It was cushie but I don't really care if I ever see his office again.

He used to come to my office everyday when I worked at my old company. He'd come pick up the kids and pop in and chit chat with me for a bit. He doesn't come to my classroom though.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiight...and this isn't about ME ME ME?
Wrong! It's about not being self-absorbed and disinterested and sharing life with your husband or wife.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
I guess technically my SO does have an office, but I sincerely hope I never see it because that would mean I'm in a LOT of trouble!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
My husband doesn't have an office per se, but he has a showroom in NYC that I occasionally like to see (or help out with) and I've been to company social events where I met his employees and other associates from within his industry. (My kids LOVE going to the showroom because they get to go shopping. )

Otherwise my husband's "office" is mobile and most of the people he interacts with do not live within the same state or even country.

When I worked, the only time my husband came to my place of employment was for company picnics (pure torture for him ) or to drop something off, which was rare. I worked in healthcare and he had no desire to go beyond the front desk.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Me and my wife work in the same building so I am in her office fairly frequently. I will go up there and hang out when she's not in and I need to get away for some quiet time away from my department.

I don't see her much during working hours, however. I work 7-5 and she works from home a fair amount.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,660 times
I would love for my SO to come see my classroom, or even meet my students for that matter. But if we were to go that far (actually meeting my students) I'd rather we be married and she stops by real quick or even volunteering with the Special Olympics.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Wrong! It's about not being self-absorbed and disinterested and sharing life with your husband or wife.
You guys are weird.
There's no rule on how you get close with someone and "share your life."

Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I don't think it's crazy to do but I think it's unnecessary. It would not be something I would actively think to do, although if you are married, you are likely to end up seeing it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I guess technically my SO does have an office, but I sincerely hope I never see it because that would mean I'm in a LOT of trouble!
Is it a prison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships