Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

They are not all picky. Check out some of the bf's/husbands some of the highest demanded fashion models have. They're not all good-looking and/or successful. Perhaps they are confident though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I only go for men who are really, really, really ridiculously good looking.
I only currently know one model-movie star, and that is certainly true. Years ago, I briefly dated a grade B movie leading lady. She must have had lower standards!

Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
There are many women who model that come from very different situations so it is unfair to generalize them all, but I have found had interactions with a few models and they aren't really different than anyone else. Very successful models are like very successful athletes, musicians, actors, etc... exceptions rather than the rule.

I have a few female relatives and friends that model. None of them are stuck up or cocaine floozies or anything like that. My cousin, who is an advertising model, is married to an EMT, and my college friend who is/was a bikini model in Holland is married to a farmer.

I think that highly successful female models are analogous to successful Rock Stars in their fame and broad sex appeal, so their lifestyles may be seen as similar or possibly complementary. Aspiring musicians and aspiring models may be similar in that they have some dreams of making it big and the corresponding lifestyle, but most of them turn out to be normal people.

In college I dated a pole vaulter on my track team who also did some modeling on the side. She was the most boring girlfriend I have ever had even though she was beautiful and very smart. She is a TV meteorologist in California (she got the PhD in meteorology and everything) somewhere now and I have not seen her in more than 10 years. I think she is married to a stay at home dad who is disabled in some way. Not exactly the stereotypical model lifestyle.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What kind of guys do women who model (Fashion, Nude, Fitness, etc) go for?
Do they go for men with high status? Fame? Money? Good looks?

What have been your experiences?
they seem to have the same spectrum of tastes in men as other women do as far as i can tell. i've seen them involved with all types, from young/old, dumb/smart, successful/loser, etc. the few i've been involved with didn't seem any different overall than other attractive women who didn't model

Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
One of the most famous fashion models is married to the lead singer of one of the world's most popular rock bands. Unlike most rock stars this guy is what one would consider good looking (or was because he is getting older).Anyway, even though she is a famous model this doesn't stop her world famous rock star husband from cheating.

The moral? looks don't mean anything really.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

You won't die if you try.
I have.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am a former model (art, fashion, glamour, photography, trade shows, etc)and when I was actively modeling I tried to go after handsome men. Had a few along with some wealthy men and realized many were superficial. My boyfriend is short, slightly chubby and definitely not a model type but he's wonderful.
What is considered a handsome man to you? Few what along? What can you tell they were wealthy? Superfical in whatsense?

You are a former model so how good do you look now compare to past?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? How do you write to a model? i.e. where do you send it?
OKCupid/POF.

You mean professional ones like Cindy Crawford?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
most of the models i see, are the skinny greyhound looking woman, they need some cheeseburgers and ice cream...
i'd have very little interest dating one of them twig girls-

gotta have some meat on them bones..

i would think "models" would get very tired of being treated as one dimensional....everything is all about looks

if you are a model- its probly life in the fast lane and short-lived, enjoy the ride- it wont last forever.
as far as dating a model- take her places - to bring out the other sides of her-take her atv-ing, hiking, something adventurous...

You mean skinny like toned right? They aren't bony either. You can have meat and they could be muscles. Either it is muscle or it is fat.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
They are not all picky. Check out some of the bf's/husbands some of the highest demanded fashion models have. They're not all good-looking and/or successful. Perhaps they are confident though.
How do you know they are unsuccessful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships