Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Sartre said "We are what we do with what is done to us"

So grow up and stop complaining.
You beat me to it, as I was going to ask the OP, "So, what are you doing about it?"

Old 05-20-2013, 04:06 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
Actually you are right about the preferences, most men of all races prefer white or light skinned women. I don't have a problem with the preferences; but I do have a problem with the lies. Just be open and honest about it, and stop acting like dark women are viewed on the same level as white and light skinned women, because clearly we are not.
It's true. But guess what, it's the same all over the world. When I was in SE Asia, all the prominent people, celebrities, and advertisements were all mostly light skinned Asians. However, the darker Asians are considered less attractive and they're sold all the skin bleaching creams. It's the same in Mexico and Brazil.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
I decided to create this video to show that I'm not a troll or a severely mentally ill person. I am just a dark woman dealing with colorism dating woes. Hopefully, if you take the time to watch my vlog, you will understand my point of view and not be so quick to mock me.

Bambi's comments on the impact of color and dating.. - YouTube
I'm sad that you feel the need to go through the trouble of posting this.

You are not overweight by any means. I see a good figure. You actually have a sweet voice too. So far, I would say the problems that you have are not physical. The only thing physical that you may need to change is where you live. You may not be in a good area if people are not treating you with respect.

I suppose you can find Nyanna's comments through looking for skin tone issues.

I'm not going to pretend that dark skin people have it easy. However, it is not impossible for us dark skinned folk.

I'd say you do not need to lose any more weight looking at your body, but that is up to you to determine. If you don't like yourself, then you can have all the people you desire on your lap and you will still be unhappy. I speak from experience.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
So, even if I do find a man, I'll still face colorism from work colleagues and other acquaintances.
Is it solely racism, or is it because black women have built up a reputation for being rather aggressive and vocal around others even in the workplace?

For example, a few days ago, I was watching a 1997 clip of Bill Maher featuring Marilyn Manson and Lakita Garth (who I met before BTW) and was embarrassed at how Lakita tries to dominate everybody and not let anybody get a word in. This is typical behavior of many black women, they like to aggressively talk over others with an attitude and people don't want to deal with that on a day to day basis.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Are you serious? You are barely darker than me and you have a nice figure. You must be pining for the top 5% guys

Old 05-20-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to set the record straight that I don't have multiple personalities. This is a very real issue.

I am thinking about creating an actual youtube series to cover this issue more extensively and even interview a few dark women to discuss their dating and life experiences. Also, I plan to put together an online support group for dark women.
Yeah, do it.

I'd also compare different cultures and sub cultures.

...I notice that your video starts and ends in the middle of something you are saying.

BTW, your skin tone is no darker than mine. You might be a little lighter than me.

I agree that it does hurt badly when your own race shuns you. (the dark skinned cracka' speaks from experience )

Last edited by TJenkins602; 05-20-2013 at 04:43 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
Yep, this is the main reason why there are so many single mothers in the black community. Many dark women are seen as concubines/baby incubators to a lot of black men. Notice how Chad Johnson has a whole tribe of fully black children, but when he decided to get married, he chose a latina? This is how colorism operates in the black community.
To add to that, I have noticed that light skinned black women go for dark chocolate black guys, and that the dark chocolate black women go for the light skinned black guys.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:42 PM

162 posts, read 190,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm sad that you feel the need to go through the trouble of posting this.

You are not overweight by any means. I see a good figure. You actually have a sweet voice too. So far, I would say the problems that you have are not physical. The only thing physical that you may need to change is where you live. You may not be in a good area if people are not treating you with respect.

I suppose you can find Nyanna's comments through looking for skin tone issues.

I'm not going to pretend that dark skin people have it easy. However, it is not impossible for us dark skinned folk.

I'd say you do not need to lose any more weight looking at your body, but that is up to you to determine. If you don't like yourself, then you can have all the people you desire on your lap and you will still be unhappy. I speak from experience.
It really wasn't a lot of trouble at all to create the video. I actually planned on uploading a few videos and starting a youtube channel during my free time. Since I'm on leave, I have some spare time and I thought why not create a quick video, and test out my camera.

I know that I'm far from overweight, but I've decided that I want to be more lean and this can be accomplished if I lose 10-13 lbs. I don't think it will take more than a two week period. 2.5 weeks tops.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
It really wasn't a lot of trouble at all to create the video. I actually planned on uploading a few videos and starting a youtube channel during my free time. Since I'm on leave, I have some spare time and I thought why not create a quick video, and test out my camera.

I know that I'm far from overweight, but I've decided that I want to be more lean and this can be accomplished if I lose 10-13 lbs. I don't think it will take more than a two week period. 2.5 weeks tops.
What kind of camera do you have?

Hey, I can understand. It's the same with me. I'm no where near fat (as I used to be), but I'm trying to add a little more strength and speed to my body, as well as some definition.

I've had people tell me that I look okay, but I'm not satisfied until I'm where I want to be.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM

84 posts, read 84,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Is it solely racism, or is it because black women have built up a reputation for being rather aggressive and vocal around others even in the workplace?

For example, a few days ago, I was watching a 1997 clip of Bill Maher featuring Marilyn Manson and Lakita Garth (who I met before BTW) and was embarrassed at how Lakita tries to dominate everybody and not let anybody get a word in. This is typical behavior of many black women, they like to aggressively talk over others with an attitude and people don't want to deal with that on a day to day basis.

Why do you take a negative stereotype and let it represent all black women? do you do this to make yourself feel superior?

Sure, there are black women who happen to be domineering but there are just as many who are the complete opposite of that. And I'm pretty sure you know that, but you will continue to perpetuate this stereotype because you're downright evil and sadistic. You know it's a lie and that black women personalities are just as varied as any other group of women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships