Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times

Advertisements

Hi City-Data.

I've been out on a date with a gentlemen two times. We have a date lined up for this Wednesday. What I'd like to know is how to SLOW DOWN the physical aspects. I really like the guy, but I feel like I rushed into the physical stuff too soon.

On our last date, he walked me back to my car at the end of the night where we made out. Standing up, outside, hugging and a little tongue action. That was it, no touching naughty places and no petting. But looking back I feel like it was too much too soon (even though it wasn't ALL that much).

How do I tell him and slow things down without him thinking I don't like him. I REALLY like him, I just would like to take things more slowly. I'm afraid if I tell him that, he won't believe me bc we've already kissed.

The night after our date he texted me that our kisses were "magical" and that I was a good kisser and that he enjoyed them. He also said that good kisses lead to good sex and implied that if he and I had sex it would probably be phenomenal. While I agree with all that, I really think I need and WANT to take things more slowly.

How do I tell him without him thinking I don't like him? It just feels tricky because he seems gung ho while I'm having major reservations now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Hi City-Data.

I've been out on a date with a gentlemen two times. We have a date lined up for this Wednesday. What I'd like to know is how to SLOW DOWN the physical aspects. I really like the guy, but I feel like I rushed into the physical stuff too soon.

On our last date, he walked me back to my car at the end of the night where we made out. Standing up, outside, hugging and a little tongue action. That was it, no touching naughty places and no petting. But looking back I feel like it was too much too soon (even though it wasn't ALL that much).

How do I tell him and slow things down without him thinking I don't like him. I REALLY like him, I just would like to take things more slowly. I'm afraid if I tell him that, he won't believe me bc we've already kissed.

The night after our date he texted me that our kisses were "magical" and that I was a good kisser and that he enjoyed them. He also said that good kisses lead to good sex and implied that if he and I had sex it would probably be phenomenal. While I agree with all that, I really think I need and WANT to take things more slowly.

How do I tell him without him thinking I don't like him? It just feels tricky because he seems gung ho while I'm having major reservations now.

too much too son kissing him after the second date??

I dont understand your thought procces. How could anyone think thats too much too soon?

Old 05-27-2013, 11:31 AM

I don't know, I can't really describe it. All I know is thought of doing it again makes me uncomfortable, even though I really like the guy.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I don't know, I can't really describe it. All I know is thought of doing it again makes me uncomfortable, even though I really like the guy.
Well, you have to get past "I don't know" and sit down with yourself and figure why it makes you uncomfortable. What are you avoiding facing? What do you fear?

If you are going to have a relationship with this guy that you really like, you are going to have to be honest with him, and to be honest with him, you will first have to be honest with yourself.

You hold the answer.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Hi City-Data.

Just be yourself, and if the kissing thing comes up again, just tell him how you feel. This is early in the dating scene...just because this is your second date, doesn`t make you an odd ball if you want to take things slow. I would tell him that, and if he don`t understand, then he just might be moving "gung ho" just to get you in bed! Good luck!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
If he moves in for a kiss, stop him with a gentle hand on his chest and say, 'I think you are super hawt, but we have been moving a bit faster than I am comfortable with.'

Quote:
I'm afraid if I tell him that, he won't believe me bc we've already kissed.
I hope you are just being paranoid. If he gives you any guff at all, you should dump him.

The right man wants to have the kind of sex that happens when you want it as much as he does, and is disgusted by the thought of having sex with you when you don't really want to.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
If you are uncomfortable kissing on the 2nd date, please stop dating as a favor to all men out there.
How is that helpful? Grow up.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
I have, in the past, usually had sex on the third date. And I still felt that kissing on the second date was too fast. The OP is not weird.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, you have to get past "I don't know" and sit down with yourself and figure why it makes you uncomfortable. What are you avoiding facing? What do you fear?

If you are going to have a relationship with this guy that you really like, you are going to have to be honest with him, and to be honest with him, you will first have to be honest with yourself.

You hold the answer.
Thanks This response was helpful

The answer is, for me, is that I feel like I'm kissing a stranger. Yes, we've talked extensively on our dates and via text over the week, but it's still been only two dates. I met him though a dating site, so unlike the other guys I've dated in my past who I've known forever before we started dating, this guy is so much like a stranger compared to them. So it just feels weird, in a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeGirl313
Just be yourself, and if the kissing thing comes up again, just tell him how you feel. This is early in the dating scene...just because this is your second date, doesn`t make you an odd ball if you want to take things slow. I would tell him that, and if he don`t understand, then he just might be moving "gung ho" just to get you in bed! Good luck!
I told him that I don't have sex before monogamy (and I don't), but I realize that I might be sending mixed signals? Totally not on purpose. But if I am, I def need to stop!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If he moves in for a kiss, stop him with a gentle hand on his chest and say, 'I think you are super hawt, but we have been moving a bit faster than I am comfortable with.'

I hope you are just being paranoid. If he gives you any guff at all, you should dump him.

The right man wants to have the kind of sex that happens when you want it as much as he does, and is disgusted by the thought of having sex with you when you don't really want to.
You are so right! I tried to rep you but I couldn't.

I'm just worried he'll think I'm not attracted to him, which is absolutely not the case. But maybe preferencing that I don't want to kiss him right now with "I still think you're super hot" may help him feel a bit better.

It's just that if a guy said that he didn't want to kiss me right now, after he already had, it would hurt my feelings. Even if he said I was hot. So I'm trying really hard to not hurt his feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships