Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:02 PM

246 posts, read 387,671 times

Advertisements

I didn't even know there was a love metric. I think there may be some money on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWomanMyAge View Post
I didn't even know there was a love metric. I think there may be some money on that.
There is a metric for interest though, especially when you read a thread about how a person wants a cheater back...

Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I've never heard of this before, and I agree that it's disturbing. Where did you hear it? It's pretty debatable as to what the vague concept of "loving more" would even mean, but it should go without saying that it needs to be mutual between too people for it to work.
This is kind of a weird concept to me also.

I guess early on, sometimes one person may be more into the other person than the person is into them.
But sometimes people play it cool. So it is hard to tell.
And it is all a bit subjective anyway.

I think if one person is more in love with the other person, and the other person notices it, or friends or family notice it, then I would bet the relationship is unbalanced and will most likely fail.
Usually the feeling are either mutual and both people are happy, or one person is not as interested/losing interest, and those are early signs of a breakdown/failure in the relationship.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

I guess early on, sometimes one person may be more into the other person than the person is into them.

I think if one person is more in love with the other person, and the other person notices it, or friends or family notice it, then I would bet the relationship is unbalanced and will most likely fail.
Usually the feeling are either mutual and both people are happy, or one person is not as interested/losing interest, and those are early signs of a breakdown/failure in the relationship.
The person that is head over heels in love rarely sees signs of breakdown.

I know from experience.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

Successful relationships that survive are difficult enough when both parties love, admire, desire each other equally. Why through something sad (that almost sounds like a tragic unrequited love) into the mix?

I couldn't be with a guy on those terms. I'd feel too guilty, even though my only "crime" would be lack of interest towards him.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 PM

246 posts, read 387,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
There is a metric for interest though, especially when you read a thread about how a person wants a cheater back...
I hear you on wanting someone back ... Even if they betrayed you. But I don't know if love can be measured. I was being a little tongue in cheek on the metric but some smart sociologist may have something. My experience is that the more you love someone the harder it is get over them and the longer it takes. Sounds obvious but maybe there is a measure in there somewhere.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Typically women have more options so I think its more critical that the woman love the man more otherwise whats stopping her from dumping him and moving on or cheating on him. Sure guys do it to but I think its alot harder for guys to do that sort of thing unless they are in the upper 5% of men. If a woman is not really really into me then why take the risk that you will be together for a year or so and then dumps you because she is getting hit on everywhere she goes.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I always found this concept disturbing. I think at least at first it must be a mutual, pretty much even attraction. Possibly even the woman loving the man more (but we don't need to over do it with clinginess and making him the whole world when we hardly know him.) As time goes on, maybe 5-10 years in, I think it's then ok for the man to love the woman more. Does anyone agree with the "better for the man to love the woman more" and if so, WHEN is this best started?
You should start loving her when you love her.

Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man [Official Video] - YouTube

As to when you should start to express this more, in a more in depth way, that's perhaps more a matter of timing and wisdom, young grasshopper.

A little to late, a little to early, and you might not win the game.

Fortunately for you, you're the one not doing the courting or pursuing.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The concept of people loving more sounds high schoolish to me.
Yes it does. Maybe. But I never heard this before until this thread.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post

On the other hand, there's also the saying - and song - that says: To live a happy life, marry an ugly wife.
LMAO!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Not that I agree with it. But it sure is worth it's weight in a laugh.

This must be some Taoist saying? Sounds like something East Asian men might say. And not a king but a rural surf. He doesn't want the king and noblemen boinking his wife one night every week and twice on Asian Moon festival. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships