Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,245,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMars View Post
I didn't try to be her friend as JJS99 suggest. Long story short I've liked her since the day i met her 9 years ago, we were only in regular contact for 3 of those years, thsan maybe 1-2 times a year and a handful for the 6 after that, I ended up going out with her this year by pure randmness/luck (would all take too long to explain).

Guess I just built it up in my head; I've ALWAYS wanted to take this girl out and when she actually said yes the occasion was too much for me. Everything that could have went wrong did; I forgot to money to pay for our meal, made a bad food choice I couldn't eat, people stole our chairs...i could go on & on yet despite that we had an amazing night - loads in common, very similar people, plenty of conversation (we realised at one point we'd been talkiogn non stop for about a half hour and hadn't even touched our drinks) she had tears in her eyes from laughing at one point. But she gives nothing away and eventually I knew the night was coming to an end & I was going to make a move yet couldn't tell if she liked me or not. I put my arm round her & took her hand a few times and she didn't really react. I got stuck in my own head, lost my vibe and started acting weird. We stood in the taxi queue at the end of the night and i totally wanted to kiss her, but the occasion, not knowing if she liiked me, loss of convo & vibe....I couldnt do it.

I honestly think she liked me and either (A) I blew it and turned her off by not making a move or (B) she did like me...then stopped when nothing more came of it or she got to know me better; pretty difficult to make a move once you get into that friend category.

And yes - the guys she has had ONS with are pretty hot. One of them she slept with twice almost every girl i know likes, she liked him as well but stayed away from him when she realised he was just playing her for sex. Maybe her old relationships are holding her back from me who knows.

I'm not that bothered now - either I blew it, or she doesn't have enough trust to take things fuirther than friends. Either way its disapointing - I've never connected with anyone like that before but what the hell, guess I just need to get over it.
Let it go man, inch the bar a little lower until you find a woman who is sexually interested in you. The time and energy you are investing is not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships