Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
There has not bee a direct observation of descent with modification on the scale scientist suggest explains how Homo sapien sapiens came about let alone repeated experiments demonstrating exactly that..
First of all, there have been successful attempts to create speciation:

Speciation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second of all, I'm not sure why you keep suggesting creationism as an alternative to evolution when you yourself don't subscribe to it. Also, why do you not repeat your mantra of requiring repeatable experiments when it comes to creationism? I apologize for further derailing this thread with these comments but I just can't resist when I see someone with an obvious agenda .

Old 05-30-2013, 04:18 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Also, why do you not repeat your mantra of requiring repeatable experiments when it comes to creationism? .
LOL!

Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM

31,148 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That sure is the truth, Chow. Those loud, obnoxious, frat boy type guys, those aren't the real alpha males of the world. Those are the quiet, confident, intelligent leaders who you probably have around you every day and you just don't notice, because they don't draw attention to themselves, and don't need to.
"frat boy type guys, those aren't the real alpha males of the world."
Actually they are. They become the people who run the country and industry. Ive never belonged myself but did make it to a few Frat parties in College.

* Every U.S. President and Vice President, except two in each office, born since the first social fraternity was founded in 1825 have been members of a fraternity.
* 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a fraternity. 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910 were fraternity men. 71% of those listed in “Who’s Who in America” belong to a fraternity.
* There are 123 fraternities and sororities with 9 million members total.
* Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity men.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,117,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post
In theory I believe the omega male doesn't compete at all. The lowest ranked female picks which omega mae she'll breed with and/or start a relationship with. Chance are the male will accept her because he can't do better meaning neither of them will be happy.
IOW, if Jennifer Aniston looked his way, he'd dump the one who accepted him.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 342 times
Default What About You?

So I get the idea behind this. Some guys have a hard time with woman so you want to help with that. Seems like a decent enough cause to support. Helping people is a good thing. The only problem is that this isn't really helping people.
What would you do if you went to drive to work and your car said I want to be a cat? What about your TV telling you it wants to be a page in a mystery novel?
My point is we are all created - regardless if you believe in the scientific or religious way - for a specific purpose. Studies even so that homosexuals tend to be bred from people who are otherwise unemotional. It's believed this is so the homosexual can help the 'clan' (aka the family unit) survive by helping them deal with times of emotional stress.
If you happen to lean one way in life don't fight it. If your artistic go write a book, learn to play an instrument, draw, or anything else that comes easy for you. IT COMES EASY FOR A REASON! If you're naturally charismatic you should be taking charge because you're what leadership should be. If you're naturally good at finding a date you're probably meant to produce offspring one day. If not don't beat yourself up. Society shoves sex in our face 24/7 so I get it but I also get that you need to move past it and be you! Sadly this isn't a choice because you're not swimming upstream. You're climbing Mount Everest nude because you didn't even know you'd need the gear.
Maybe you'll find someone while you're out there doing what you love. So think for a second. Would you rather have someone you'd meet going on the same journey doing the same things you love to do or just that false image of the attractive person you see in movies, magazines, or even on the street. I know my answer. What about you?

Old 10-14-2018, 09:23 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,667,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post
My perception of reality is objective. Females no matter how different will be attracted to alpha male traits as men are attracted to feminine traits.

In many if not a majority of cases I reckon so. Maybe. Even so I have indeed seen many a very attractive woman with "average" men. I remember such an individual case very well. I was shooting pool in a local club that always had a mix of local types and the college crowd. There was a VERY nice looking gal sitting with this rather small , skinny guy just minding their own business.

This college gorilla, probably some sort of athletic star or at least a gym rat who spent most of his time admiring himself in the mirror, kept bothering the lady to dance which she repeatedly declined. The gorilla kept on and then reached out and tried to drag her out of her seat being oh so confident in his superior looks and physique.

Little guy flatfoots himself up onto his seat and overhands his bucket drink glass to the top of Bolgani's head smashing it to bits and sending the offender to the floor. Split open head and all the bouncers threw him into the gutter when what happened was told.

Physical appearance doesn't matter as much as you think. What's in your heart and spirit does. If you consider yourself to be inferior it's likely you will be. And you will be seen and treated thus. Physical appearance does not even mean that you have to just not have a pair. Ladies respect and admire a man for qualities far deeper than just a gym toned physical appearance. Sans a heart and spirit to go with said appearance they are likely to admire an "average" guy who does have those things more. Just sayin'......

Old 10-14-2018, 09:38 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehtevas94 View Post
So I get the idea behind this. Some guys have a hard time with woman so you want to help with that. Seems like a decent enough cause to support. Helping people is a good thing. The only problem is that this isn't really helping people.
What would you do if you went to drive to work and your car said I want to be a cat? What about your TV telling you it wants to be a page in a mystery novel?
My point is we are all created - regardless if you believe in the scientific or religious way - for a specific purpose. Studies even so that homosexuals tend to be bred from people who are otherwise unemotional. It's believed this is so the homosexual can help the 'clan' (aka the family unit) survive by helping them deal with times of emotional stress.
If you happen to lean one way in life don't fight it. If your artistic go write a book, learn to play an instrument, draw, or anything else that comes easy for you. IT COMES EASY FOR A REASON! If you're naturally charismatic you should be taking charge because you're what leadership should be. If you're naturally good at finding a date you're probably meant to produce offspring one day. If not don't beat yourself up. Society shoves sex in our face 24/7 so I get it but I also get that you need to move past it and be you! Sadly this isn't a choice because you're not swimming upstream. You're climbing Mount Everest nude because you didn't even know you'd need the gear.
Maybe you'll find someone while you're out there doing what you love. So think for a second. Would you rather have someone you'd meet going on the same journey doing the same things you love to do or just that false image of the attractive person you see in movies, magazines, or even on the street. I know my answer. What about you?
Cool sermon, bro. Check your spelling before you go for a career in journalism, though.

I disagree completely with the OP (WARNING: necro-thread revived by our budding blogger, above). His problem is that he's so convinced that ALL women will go for the good-looking guys, the tall guys, the rich guys, the charismatic guys, the frat guys, or whatever the perceived popular characteristic is, that he doesn't see the women around him, who are into him.

I saw this play out in college multiple times. There are ALWAYS women who like the nerdy guys, but usually, the women won't make the first move. They hover, they drop hints, but they won't make a move until after they've waited a year or more for the object of their interest to pick up the hints, and when he doesn't, they'll finally make a move and get the guy. In some cases, even when they make a move, they have to go to extraordinary means to convince the guy they're into him; they get his buddy involved in the project, or a female relative, or whatever, because the guy doesn't believe that a clear move is actually a move. "Oh, she's just being friendly. Nobody would want me, woe is me", they think.

This is sad. Very sad. For man- and womankind, both.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 AM

529 posts, read 509,678 times
I already know im going to die alone. I ask women out sometimes just to see if they'll say yes and a few have, but the overwhelming majoroty are so caight up on looks that even if we cvibe like crazy, I make her snort from laughter, and she misses wtv she had planned because we talked so long, it doesn't bridge the gap. Just get fit and make a move. This 100% beats most other aspects a lot of the time. Thats the world we live in. Of ciurse if yiure rich none of that matters. Same for being famous. 100% Teh Truth.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Necro thread of currently banned topic.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships