Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 PM

47 posts, read 66,541 times

Advertisements

Does getting yogurt and then watching the sunset sound like a good first date? I don't want it to be too cheesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Watching the sunset while munching on yogurt? I'm not sure of your concept, here. Or go to a frozen yogurt place for a fun snack, then go to a good place for viewing the sunset? More info needed.

But generally, yeah, that's not bad. So...what do you have planned for after the sunset? Then what?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Sunset in general is too cheesy.

Do something fun. A chance to keep yourself somewhat busy. Mini Golf, go karts, etc. etc. That way if there is an awkward dull moment in the conversation it won't be awkward and dull as you're also doing something else. A sunset to me would be a good "end" of the date possibly, if it was like, setting while you're on a walk after having dinner together or something.

It all depends on the person though, if you are smooth and good in conversation and not nervous, it could easily be pulled off. I remember I worked night shift for a summer and had tons of first dates on the beach after I got off work at 3 a.m. going swimming in the gulf at night... All depends how you present the idea

Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
ugh! ANYTHING but mini-golf! That's so cliche. And frustrating, if you're no good at it.

Yeah, the beach is good, if the OP has one handy. Even walking or biking in the park, possibly followed by yogurt snack, and sunset.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
I don’t think there is a magic formula to say “THIS activity is successful for a date”. You know her more than us so you should know what she will probably enjoy doing with you.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Cheap wine and a box of condoms.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
I recommend getting coffee, or ice cream.
If you two hit it off, do mini golf, or take a walk somewhere if it is nice out, or grab a drink somewhere afterwards.

If you already know her pretty well, such as friends before hand, then I guess dinner might he an option. Depends....

Old 06-03-2013, 02:03 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeland121 View Post
Does getting yogurt and then watching the sunset sound like a good first date? I don't want it to be too cheesy.
Are you presenting it to her as "watching the sunset"? That just seems a bit too romantic for me. Where will you be watching the sunset? And do you mean "frozen yogurt"? Can't see you both holding a cup of Yoplait lol

I'm guessing you somewhat know your date's likes/interests. Are you meeting for the first time? If so, I wouldn't recommend the sunset thing. It can be awkward if you don't hit it off.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM

111 posts, read 223,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I recommend getting coffee, or ice cream.
If you two hit it off, do mini golf, or take a walk somewhere if it is nice out, or grab a drink somewhere afterwards.

If you already know her pretty well, such as friends before hand, then I guess dinner might he an option. Depends....
I agree. Drinks, coffee, ice cream - any of these things are good first date activities if you don't already know someone. I advise against doing anything more involved or that would take longer, because you could end up stuck hanging around with someone you don't really want to spend a lot of time around.

First dates should be low-pressure for both people.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM

47 posts, read 66,541 times
What I had in mind was get yogurt and then walk around the park while the sun was setting and just sit down on a hill for a little while. Now I'm thinking go karts and then yogurt w/o the sunset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships