Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:57 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That makes me sad.

But I never went out with anyone I wasn't already into, so ...
Yea, life is a little bit different for us 'average' folks...

Trust me, I know how it works for some people... and they almost NEVER buy dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Yea, life is a little bit different for us 'average' folks...

Trust me, I know how it works for some people... and they almost NEVER buy dinner.
FWIW I married an average guy. We have an average life, I guess.

The best part about our first date was that he gave me a "multiple choice" of places to eat out. I chose the mid-range option (wanted it to be special but didn't want to look like a snob). He had hoped that would be my choice but only because he liked that place.

I can see now why fro-yo (which is not a term I really use BTW ) would be a better option, though.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
I have some first date ideas since I will be on a first date in June

Eating Ice Cream in the Park

Having a smoothie together in the outdoor seating section of a cafe

Old 06-03-2013, 05:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeland121 View Post
Does getting yogurt and then watching the sunset sound like a good first date? I don't want it to be too cheesy.

Sounds fine to me since it's JUNE

Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Cheap wine and a box of condoms.
That's how they roll down in Texas huh? Classy.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 PM

47 posts, read 66,570 times
I'm 20. She is 20/21 (we're the same year). We have class together and have been chit chatting in class for a couple of weeks. Still trying to brainstorm on some ideas. Ice skating is out of the question for now seeing as I busted my chin open last time haha. Thanks for the replies.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I'm 20. She is 20/21 (we're the same year). We have class together and have been chit chatting in class for a couple of weeks. Still trying to brainstorm on some ideas. Ice skating is out of the question for now seeing as I busted my chin open last time haha. Thanks for the replies.
It doesn't have to be a big deal, like skating. Any good museum exhibits in your town? How about just hanging out at the mall? (I have no idea what she's like or what her interests are, so I'm trying wildly divergent ideas.) Art gallery-hopping? Any of these can be topped off with the frozen yogurt idea. Ask her if she'd like to help you shop for a plant for your room. Anything just to get out, walking around, and talking.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
why don't you eat a bunch of caramels? it's as arbitrary as drinking coffee.

My first date idea would be ice skating, as long as she doesn't skate well and you do. Sets the tone quick for physical contact. I took the gf, who I've been with a little voer a month or so out ice skating for a first date and got invited in.

To avoid sounding like too much of a badass, I was invited in.. played with her dog and sat on her bed and slept without realizing how tired I was.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Sadly, sometimes the only real purpose for a dinner date is the free food.
This is quite common in online dating.
As a guy, investing $30-$100 depending on location, dinner on a first date is expensive. Then, 4 first dates later, and you can spend easily $300 in a very short amount of time.

Dinner is for 3rd dates. That way you know that the woman is interested in the guy, and not the dates or entertainment he is offering.

Been there, done that, learned my lesson.
Sadly, some women don't actually use dating sites to find a relationship. They use it for dating. Therefore, only women that I know are genuinely interested in me get dinner anymore.
Agreed. I'm not doing anything more than coffee, ice cream, or a drink for the first date. Preferably not the latter, as sometimes she will order a few $10-15 drinks.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Quote:
Anything like your original idea sounds just fine. It already shows you're creative and fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships