Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeland121 View Post
What I had in mind was get yogurt and then walk around the park while the sun was setting and just sit down on a hill for a little while. Now I'm thinking go karts and then yogurt w/o the sunset.
Go Karts? I'm guessing you're both pretty young? Does your date like go karts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Dinner and maybe drinks. An outdoor activity can work like a bike ride, hike or visit to a museum or other point of interest. The sunsets are great, But like "Dinner and a movie" are a bit cliche. An activity you can talk during is best. And no flowers on the first date. Avoid like the plague. Buy food, wine or something else she is interested in. Works better then flowers, esp ones grabbed from the convinience store last minute LOL.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
You don't have to buy her anything on a first date. Paying for bike rental (or yogurt, or whatever) is enough of a gesture. Just have a good time, and enjoy getting to know her.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
It sounds good to me.

I dislike activities for a first date. I want to get to know the person via conversation.

Go karts sound awesome for a later date, though!

Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
It really depends how well you know the date, and how you met.

If it's a girl you met off of an online dating site, I would highly suggest not putting to much thought in it. I would only do like ice cream, coffee, something quick. I have met enough to know that many are absolutely nothing like they seem and you may want an easy exit without it being awkward.

If it's someone you already know, disregard that last paragraph.

Also, I agree with the rest, if you're dating an older woman, something active may not be as fun. She might be old and sophisticated and want to talk about traveling the world and hobbies. If you're young, you might have a young/fun girl as well that wants to do something fun. I'm 25 and my gf is 19 so I may be a bit biased. All my girlfriends have been 18-30 though and they have been pretty active and fun though. That's just the type of girls I go after.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Yeah, Go-karts bring out my scary competitive side, which is not so sexy on a first date.

Sunset-watching on a hill makes me think of the next step, as in "making out on a blanket after the sun goes down." That's a lot of pressure for a first date.

What's wrong with a real dinner at a decent restaurant? Why "only" fro-yo???

Dinner at a place where you watch them cook, like Benihana-style hibachi cooking, etc., is kind of like an activity where you can talk and have something to watch if there's a lull.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, Go-karts bring out my scary competitive side, which is not so sexy on a first date.

Sunset-watching on a hill makes me think of the next step, as in "making out on a blanket after the sun goes down." That's a lot of pressure for a first date.

What's wrong with a real dinner at a decent restaurant? Why "only" fro-yo???

Dinner at a place where you watch them cook, like Benihana-style hibachi cooking, etc., is kind of like an activity where you can talk and have something to watch if there's a lull.
Sadly, sometimes the only real purpose for a dinner date is the free food.
This is quite common in online dating.
As a guy, investing $30-$100 depending on location, dinner on a first date is expensive. Then, 4 first dates later, and you can spend easily $300 in a very short amount of time.

Dinner is for 3rd dates. That way you know that the woman is interested in the guy, and not the dates or entertainment he is offering.

Been there, done that, learned my lesson.
Sadly, some women don't actually use dating sites to find a relationship. They use it for dating. Therefore, only women that I know are genuinely interested in me get dinner anymore.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
throw in a bucket of kfc extra crispy,,and a canister of wipes , and now you have something,,,

Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
As a guy, investing $30-$100 depending on location, dinner on a first date is expensive. Then, 4 first dates later, and you can spend easily $300 in a very short amount of time.

Dinner is for 3rd dates. That way you know that the woman is interested in the guy, and not the dates or entertainment he is offering.

Sadly, some women don't actually use dating sites to find a relationship. They use it for dating. Therefore, only women that I know are genuinely interested in me get dinner anymore.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

That makes me sad.

But I never went out with anyone I wasn't already into, so ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships