Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,336,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I'm creating this thread mostly to vent and hopefully to get support and or helpful feedback, though as far as advice goes, I don't see much of a way around my issue.

Here's the thing with me: I don't like dating multiple people. In the past I would find someone I was crazy about, or who I thought was a good match, and settle down with that person. But looking back, I think I wasn't looking hard enough to find the right person because none of the people I dated exclusively ended up being a good match, it's why I'm single today.

Right now specifically, I'm in a race against time. I'm in my mid-30s and have fertility issues. My fertility issues are not insurmountable, but they are definitely an obstacle that's going to become more challenging as I age.

If I want to have my own biological children, I need to find someone to settle down with in the next year or so. If I don't, I may run out of time. The issue is, I don't want to settle down with just anyone but rather someone who is a good fit for me. I literally don't have the time to casually date just one person for 6 months and "see how it goes", if I want to be married and settled before trying to get pregnant. I would LOVE to have that kind of time, but I don't. So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I have to date multiple people at once. It sucks, but I don't really see any way around it given my end goals, I wish things were different.

I've talked to my friends about freezing my eggs, but it's expensive and painful (to extract them), and more challenging for me than others given my fertility condition. In addition to all that, it just seem ludicrous to go through that given I don't even have a boyfriend right now. Maybe I should anyway. I dunno.
Hi Everyone.

I am the OP of this thread, which I created on 6/3/2013.

Close to the time I created this thread, I met someone off the dating website I was using and became pregnant a few months later, quite by accident. I am expecting sometime next year.

It's very crazy how things work out sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships