Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:31 PM

29,801 posts, read 34,617,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No I was saying that when a women ask that question so early on, it gives off the vibe that she is looking for a guy so she can have a baby not connect with him and build a relationship
Or she wants (or doesn't want) kids and would like to figure out if you're compatible on that issue before she gets too invested and attached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The vast majority of the women I know didn't have sex with 'the bad boys' throughout their 20s either.

It's just something guys tell themselves to make themselves feel better that women didn't 'choose' them because of some personality flaw.
Yes. Often that personality flaw is misogyny, or inability to empathise, or speaking unkindly about strangers. Or paranoia.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,822,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yes. Often that personality flaw is misogyny, or inability to empathise, or speaking unkindly about strangers. Or paranoia.
^This^

Old 06-06-2013, 10:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,481,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I'm creating this thread mostly to vent and hopefully to get support and or helpful feedback, though as far as advice goes, I don't see much of a way around my issue.

Here's the thing with me: I don't like dating multiple people. In the past I would find someone I was crazy about, or who I thought was a good match, and settle down with that person. But looking back, I think I wasn't looking hard enough to find the right person because none of the people I dated exclusively ended up being a good match, it's why I'm single today.

Right now specifically, I'm in a race against time. I'm in my mid-30s and have fertility issues. My fertility issues are not insurmountable, but they are definitely an obstacle that's going to become more challenging as I age.

If I want to have my own biological children, I need to find someone to settle down with in the next year or so. If I don't, I may run out of time. The issue is, I don't want to settle down with just anyone but rather someone who is a good fit for me. I literally don't have the time to casually date just one person for 6 months and "see how it goes", if I want to be married and settled before trying to get pregnant. I would LOVE to have that kind of time, but I don't. So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I have to date multiple people at once. It sucks, but I don't really see any way around it given my end goals, I wish things were different.

I've talked to my friends about freezing my eggs, but it's expensive and painful (to extract them), and more challenging for me than others given my fertility condition. In addition to all that, it just seem ludicrous to go through that given I don't even have a boyfriend right now. Maybe I should anyway. I dunno.
I don't know how you come across to the guys you date but I just exited a relationship with a woman also in her mid 30s in a race against time. While the early discussions about weddings should have been a clue to me in the end her thinly veiled desperation became too much and I had to pull the plug. Ironically if she just left well enough alone we would probably be engaged by now.

I feel that I have too much going on for myself to be some woman's consolation prize.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,202,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Or she wants (or doesn't want) kids and would like to figure out if you're compatible on that issue before she gets too invested and attached.

I think I rather just date a woman who already has a kid or none. not someone single looking to get pregnant

Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,249,859 times
Quote:
I think I rather just date a woman who already has a kid or none. not someone single looking to get pregnant
Your literally playing with your life because if she leaves then he is into child support for the next 18 years, that's a pretty tall order to get laid a few times. Its not like a video game where you get extra lives. You don't get to cycle out 18 years of frugal living and then get to start your early 20's over again.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 AM

432 posts, read 1,232,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I'm creating this thread mostly to vent and hopefully to get support and or helpful feedback, though as far as advice goes, I don't see much of a way around my issue.

Here's the thing with me: I don't like dating multiple people. In the past I would find someone I was crazy about, or who I thought was a good match, and settle down with that person. But looking back, I think I wasn't looking hard enough to find the right person because none of the people I dated exclusively ended up being a good match, it's why I'm single today.

Right now specifically, I'm in a race against time. I'm in my mid-30s and have fertility issues. My fertility issues are not insurmountable, but they are definitely an obstacle that's going to become more challenging as I age.

If I want to have my own biological children, I need to find someone to settle down with in the next year or so. If I don't, I may run out of time. The issue is, I don't want to settle down with just anyone but rather someone who is a good fit for me. I literally don't have the time to casually date just one person for 6 months and "see how it goes", if I want to be married and settled before trying to get pregnant. I would LOVE to have that kind of time, but I don't. So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I have to date multiple people at once. It sucks, but I don't really see any way around it given my end goals, I wish things were different.

I've talked to my friends about freezing my eggs, but it's expensive and painful (to extract them), and more challenging for me than others given my fertility condition. In addition to all that, it just seem ludicrous to go through that given I don't even have a boyfriend right now. Maybe I should anyway. I dunno.
You ideally want your own children and have fertility issues then you best to freeze your eggs so you have the possible option later on.

Then relax and keep dating and there is nothing wrong with dating a few people at a time and once you start getting "more serious" then narrow it down to one.

Good luck.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM

37 posts, read 59,902 times
Do you want a father-mother-child scenario? Bcuz you could always go with artificial insemination to get biological children. I'm prob going to do it in 4-6 years cuz I don't see anyone dating me, nevermind marrying me, and I don't want to let my time run out to be a mumsy.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,107,338 times
ignore what people here have said
You DO have control over these things, and "being stuck" with a guy "you don't love" isn't so big a fear,
becuse ROMANTIC LOVE is a farce. Love and a relationship is something you WORK at. You will ALWAYS fall out of love with soeone, it's biology, those first two years are just infatuation

Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM

31,354 posts, read 22,335,647 times
Quote:
At my age I'm leaning in that direction to. In a few years I will proably be dating women that have kid(s) that are moving out of the house so there is another option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships