Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
There is no way to know that though, did your past relationships know you were settling with them, did they see it coming when you announced you were leaving? I doubt there was any physical abuse so you just left because you were "not happy". No one says they are settling in the beginning of a relationship so how is the other person to know, all he knows is you have options and that means you CAN very easily leave without much consequence if you so choose.

Again that's a stressful way to live.
This is your own insecurities talking here. Partners are allowed to slip up. Make mistakes. Be human. If you were being yourself from the beginning and you selected your partner well, you can be secure that you are good for her as a companion and for emotional support. If you have trust and confidence in your partner, you aren't worried about her leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Monemi, would it be ok if you took this conversation with Highlife elsewhere?

I'm trying to keep my thread on topic, if at all possible.
I'm done reasoning with him.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
This is your own insecurities talking here. Partners are allowed to slip up. Make mistakes. Be human. If you were being yourself from the beginning and you selected your partner well, you can be secure that you are good for her as a companion and for emotional support. If you have trust and confidence in your partner, you aren't worried about her leaving.
How did the guys you dumped take it?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
How did the guys you dumped take it?
Hey, she says she's done talking about this, so can we please respect that?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
So what you're really saying is that you are incredibly insecure and you prefer your women trapped because they don't think they can do any better. That way, you can treat them like **** and they're probably not going to have the backbone to do a thing about it.
I don't treat anyone like crap, women leave for obscure reasons, violet still has not given reasons as to why she dumped her past bfs. Its the way a lot of women with options behave and its simply a stressful way to live.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
I don't treat anyone like crap, women leave for obscure reasons, violet still has not given reasons as to why she dumped her past bfs. Its the way a lot of women with options behave and its simply a stressful way to live.
They weren't good fits for me. I don't really want to go into all they whys because that's not the topic of the thread.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Hey, she says she's done talking about this, so can we please respect that?
I agree, lets see if she pipes up again. I am just giving you a guys insight, im not some crazy person these are the same fears a lot of guys have, none of them will state it but its there and if they sense they are being played they will bail unless they think they can get sex out of you which you have indicated you are not willing to do.

I would find out exactly how many women these other guys are seeing. Do they know how many guys you are seeing or just that your "seeing other guys"

As I think more about this I agree this is not a fun game to play, unless your winning, with 7 guys you may be in the lead but if your too far in the lead then you may have guys you were interested in forfeit because they know this is going to be long and drawn out and they have a 1/7 chance.

IF they are seeing even more attractive women then they might keep seeing you unless they pick someone else. You know what, its too bad that you could not figure out a way to get all the men your seeing along with the women they are seeing and the other guys those women are seeing in to one room and get on a white board and pair up the best people for each other. Be careful so that's its an even ratio otherwise guys will bail, no guy wants a sausage fest.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
They weren't good fits for me. I don't really want to go into all they whys because that's not the topic of the thread.
Just hope that the guy that is great for you is not settling with you and up and leaves you later. Just because your not settling does not mean he is not. I would say a lot more men settle than women.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I wonder what he would think if he found out the chick he was lying to to get laid, also lied about the STD she had...
That's sick and wrong.

Lying about one's intentions & desires is one thing.

Lying about a potentially very serious disease is another thing entirely.

Disgusting !

Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I ask it to men because I want to know they have no plans of marriage or kids. I don't want to waste my time with a man who does. Who would want to waste time with someone who isn't on the same page?
You gotta convince him to want to marry you.

So you only want to date people who enter the relationship having exactly the same plans regarding kids & marriage. "No wonder you don't have any success". Didn't someone say that to someone else ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships