Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The last one could not hold a job and the second to last one explicitly said he did not want kids, with anyone, ever. But honestly, none of that matters because that's the past and I'm not going back to dating those men.

What I'm looking for advice about is dating multiple people when the people you are dating are also dating multiple people. I HAVE been getting good advice and insight in this thread, and I would like to see that good discussion continue.
So now that you have got some good advice can we go back to bickering and complaining on your thread, your thread provided some nice segways and I don't want the energy to die.

How long did the one that said he never wanted kids get to sleep with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
So now that you have got some good advice can we go back to bickering and complaining on your thread, your thread provided some nice segways and I don't want the energy to die.
If that happens in my thread, I will ask the mods to close it.

lol, people seem to enjoy fighting with you, why don't you just start your own thread and argue with people to your heart's content? In all seriousness. I will also join your thread and add some "segways" if you think that will help give your thread energy.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
How long did the one that said he never wanted kids get to sleep with you?
When we first started dating I was in my mid 20s and I didn't want kids, then, either. So he got to sleep with me until I really wanted to start having kids lol.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
If that happens in my thread, I will ask the mods to close it.

lol, people seem to enjoy fighting with you, why don't you just start your own thread and argue with people to your heart's content? In all seriousness. I will also join your thread and add some "segways" if you think that will help give your thread energy.
I was kidding, I do have my own thread and things I start tend to stay factual and civil. I don't put things on there like "I have all these guys swooning over me, what am I to do" lol, then things like "I had a lot of sex with hot guys all through my 20's with no responsibility but my job, now I want a tool to get me pregnant".

I think its very fortunate for you that people have treated this thread half way serious considering what you are asking. Its like a dictator coming on here and asking which one of his wives should he have suck his d**k tonight.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I was kidding, I do have my own thread and things I start tend to stay factual and civil. I don't put things on there like "I have all these guys swooning over me, what am I to do" lol, then things like "I had a lot of sex with hot guys all through my 20's with no responsibility but my job, now I want a tool to get me pregnant".

I think its very fortunate for you that people have treated this thread half way serious considering what you are asking. Its like a dictator coming on here and asking which one of his wives should he have suck his d**k tonight.
I'm done talking to you

Old 06-04-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I'm done talking to you
That's fine, good luck in your search.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
The last one could not hold a job and the second to last one explicitly said he did not want kids, with anyone, ever. But honestly, none of that matters because that's the past and I'm not going back to dating those men.

What I'm looking for advice about is dating multiple people when the people you are dating are also dating multiple people. I HAVE been getting good advice and insight in this thread, and I would like to see that good discussion continue.
I guess you're right, they weren't ready to have kids.

What else do you want to know about dating multiple people who are also dating multiple people ? I dont' think I can be of much help, but maybe this post will help get the thread back on topic.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
You sure are not going to connect with any of these men by doing what your doing. You can't even remember them. How are you supposed to connect with them? You don't even know them. Perhaps you know their names. It sounds like what you just want is some magic fairy tale prince. But that's not going to happen. You have go actually get to know these men. Not just date them and have a superficial book of information on them.

Your "biological clock" is a social construct. The obsession to be married and have kids is put into your head by society, who tells you if you aren't married and have kids by such and such an age then your doomed. You're not going to find the right guy by going by a social construct timeline. If you just want a sperm donor, then just do that.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

What else do you want to know about dating multiple people who are also dating multiple people ? I dont' think I can be of much help, but maybe this post will help get the thread back on topic.
I think the thread is dead and she has developed an attitude, I am guessing the mods will lock it soon.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

I've gotten some good feedback, but more couldn't hurt.

1) How long should I date and look for my "soulmate" before throwing in the towel and settling? 2 years? Never?

2) If a person doesn't have obvious incompatibilities with me and we have the same life goals, but I'm not "feeling it" or attracted to him, how long should I date him before I cut him loose? A few dates? Immediately?

3) If I want more "between date" attention from a guy via text (I know texting is not your thing Davros lol), should I ask for it from him? Should I wait for him to initiate it? Should I not ask for it but rather initiate it myself?

4) How many dates does it typically take to know that the relationship has future potential? 4 dates? More?

I might think of more, but those are the main ones for now

I think I might start a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships