Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So you're going to reject a man based on factors he can't control?

To clarify, he didn't mean if the man had these types of parents, but if he was that type of parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
The same things make me lose respect for both men and women:

Dishonesty
Indecisiveness
Helplessness
Victim mentality
Whining
Irresponsibility
Cowardice
Belligerence
Zealotry

Old 06-05-2013, 03:24 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times
All this stuff goes equally for women is well... I hate the fact that women almost always get full custody, I understand why they typically do, but don't always agree with it for sure.

I also hate that women have full custody and then complain about no child support. If I had a child out of wed lock or with some random I would GLADLY have full custody and receive no child support and just have the girl be out of the life and let me raise the child on my own, and eventually find someone.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
There are other things that are probably more important, but whining is a big one for me. Although, that applies to either gender.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:48 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
All this stuff goes equally for women is well... I hate the fact that women almost always get full custody, I understand why they typically do, but don't always agree with it for sure.

I also hate that women have full custody and then complain about no child support. If I had a child out of wed lock or with some random I would GLADLY have full custody and receive no child support and just have the girl be out of the life and let me raise the child on my own, and eventually find someone.
To be fair, these two situations are not always the case. I know women that have purposely left the sperm donor off the birth certificate just to not have to deal with them, and this resulted in no child support.

Additionally, not every situation with a single mom is out of wedlock - I can chime in on the no child support thing, and my child was born within a marriage. Doesn't This is where a real man will man up and take responsibility -- it did take 2 to tango, so both should be paying toward child's expenses.

Many courts are also giving more parents 50/50 custody as long as the child is old enough. I do not agree with 50/50 split in situations where the child is extremely young or doesn't know the other parent very well - if the child is not capable of understanding why he/she has to go spend a week with someone else, this is mommy 'disappearing' in the eyes of a child that isn't old enough to comprehend what is really going on.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:

So, you hate the fact that women almost always ask for full custody and men almost always do not ask for full custody. Why?

Old 06-05-2013, 04:02 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
To clarify, he didn't mean if the man had these types of parents, but if he was that type of parent.
Hmm, I thought otherwise, because there are several posts on city data talking about how certain women look at a mans relationship with his family and how he treats his mother and father and such. Some of us are in pretty crazy families, I think it's better not to have a relationship with mine and keep kids away from them when we have them.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,411 times
This goes for both men and women:

- No backbone. Not standing up for yourself or your beliefs in a civilized manner. I.E. doormats. Letting others walk all over you.
- Lack of self-control, especially when faced with conflict or annoying situations. There's a thread over at the Current Events forum about a guy in a movie theater losing his composure and throwing this woman's cellphone across the theater b/c she wouldn't stop talking on it. I'm referring to people like that guy.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,450,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Not manning up to the responsibility of becoming a parent, planned or not, married or not.
I would agree too, it happened to me. Don't know why I stayed though we almost got divorced. Basically we had a condom accident and his solution is that our 2 month old marriage is over. WTF, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Temper tantrums.

Road rage.

Throwing blame at others when frustrated.

Damn that's ALL my husband he told me he owns the road when he is driving. He also blames the ex for the divorce saying he is always last on her list, he was never the priority.

Apart from that, my husband is 'perfect'.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:48 PM

523 posts, read 840,620 times
Quote:

This makes no sense. You want to take the child away from their mother and have their mother be out of their life? On what planet does this make sense for the child?

Women don't always get full custody but almost always ask for it. Men don't ask and therefore don't get it. Makes sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships