Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

I think married couples should sleep in the same bed together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,982 times
Sleeping in separate bedrooms is the best solution.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:40 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Could you date or consider a LTR with someone who absolutely could not sleep with someone else in the same bed? Someone who at the end of the night would either go to their own place, or relocate to another room.
I would try it if she insisted and she was a good fit as a relationship partner.

But I am extremely biased against it.
Who knows though, I may wind up liking that arrangement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

^^ This ^^ -- and not just married couples -- all couples.

My man is a BIG man -- 6'4 and 260 pounds. We sleep in a regular double (full) size bed. Yes, his feet are up against the bed rail; yes, I am usually plastered up against him all night long (I am always cold), but he does not want a bigger bed (I asked him!). He is big into snuggling and cuddling.

I always thought I preferred sleeping alone as I am a light sleeper. No more. I've gotten the best nights of sleep since sharing.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Just to set the record straight, being a person who cannot sleep in same bed at same time w/another person
has no correlation with how affectionate, demonstrative, and highly sensual that couple is during waking hours/time together.
I have no argument with what the poster's preferences/tolerances are, just making sure two behavioral traits weren't being inappropriately conflated as identical or linked.
Not linked, but they can def. both be present.

Neither are things that personally work for me, and one reminded me of the other, but, no, the two aren't necessarily linked. People who don't like to be touched generally also don't like being touched in bed/while sleeping, but people who can't tolerate being touched in bed/while sleeping may or may not take issue with being touched in other contexts.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Not linked, but they can def. both be present.

Neither are things that personally work for me, and one reminded me of the other, but, no, the two aren't necessarily linked.
People who don't like to be touched generally also don't like being touched in bed/while sleeping,
but people who can't tolerate being touched in bed/while sleeping may or may not take issue with being touched in other contexts.
Yes, that's all I was trying to get across (underlined part).
Appreciate your understanding.

It's not an aversion to "touching in bed/while asleep", it's (for me, personally)
about not being able to fall & stay asleep next to another person.*

Sorry if I'm taking your post too literally, but the difference between traits/behaviors
(and how they are related to affection/cuddling/physicality) is important to me.

*and it's not like I'd refuse to ever sleep in same bed, just that I'd want to have the option
for separate sleep spaces, without creating hurt feelings.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I would have no problem with separate rooms for sleeping. My wife needs minimum 8 hours and I need about 6.5. So I come to bed much later. We never cuddle before falling off to sleep.
My husband and I are on different sleep schedules. I get to bed somewhere around 12:30 or so and get up at 6:00. He goes to bed around 10:30ish and gets up at 5.

We never cuddle in bed...actually, we never cuddle. I just don't care for it, it makes me feel trapped.

If we slept in separate rooms that wouldn't bother me.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I agree. Unless he is throwing up. From the 24 hr bug.

Ewwwwww!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:30 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
No. Part of being in a relationship is learning to live with each others peculiarities. You might lose some sleep the first few nights, but you adapt and adjust.

I am a light sleeper, and will wake up with most tossing and turning. Instead of complaining about it, I help relax him so he goes back to sleep. Rubbing his back, his legs, holding him... works every time.
Some people, maybe. Some of us simply cannot.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:32 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Yes, that's all I was trying to get across (underlined part).
Appreciate your understanding.

It's not an aversion to "touching in bed/while asleep", it's (for me, personally)
about not being able to fall & stay asleep next to another person.*

Sorry if I'm taking your post too literally, but the difference between traits/behaviors
(and how they are related to affection/cuddling/physicality) is important to me.

*and it's not like I'd refuse to ever sleep in same bed, just that I'd want to have the option
for separate sleep spaces, without creating hurt feelings.
Totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships