Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 11:01 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Unless you're trying to be, being a virgin at 40 it is odd as hell. We can be PC here all day but let's keep it real. You line up a bunch of people and ask and you'll get more than a reasonable amount agreeing with this sentiment here. I have no ill will here I just get annoyed when you get people trying to tell you that the sky isn't blue but instead it's green. This is common sense 101 here.
So in your worldview everyone is exactly the same, has the same experiences and in the same timeframe?
It has nothing to do with being PC, that comment makes no sense whatsoever in the context you're using it, nor is it common sense. What is common sense is that everyone is different and has differing experiences. Some don't have certain experiences such as dating, relationships, sex, etc. But that in no way makes them odd or whatever other slurs you which to hurl at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 11:12 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
So in your worldview everyone is exactly the same, has the same experiences and in the same timeframe?
It has nothing to do with being PC, that comment makes no sense whatsoever in the context you're using it, nor is it common sense. What is common sense is that everyone is different and has differing experiences. Some don't have certain experiences such as dating, relationships, sex, etc. But that in no way makes them odd or whatever other slurs you which to hurl at them.
So I guess the things are a little slow on the dating front????

Old 03-04-2017, 11:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
So I guess the things are a little slow on the dating front????
Hide from questions and deflect much?

Old 03-04-2017, 11:19 PM

140 posts, read 88,823 times
Looks like I offended a few snowflakes 😂 Chow pretty much summed it up. Virgins at even 30, never mind 40, aren't exactly desirable and that goes for both genders.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady To Gronk View Post
Looks like I offended a few snowflakes �� Chow pretty much summed it up. Virgins at even 30, never mind 40, aren't exactly desirable and that goes for both genders.
1) If you're referring to me, not offended at all

2) Second sentence is false, and virginity has zero to do with being desirable or not.

And that's not even including the fact that some people are virgins by choice and don't really care about sex.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:34 PM

290 posts, read 214,372 times
Quote:
Looks like I offended a few snowflakes �� Chow pretty much summed it up. Virgins at even 30, never mind 40, aren't exactly desirable and that goes for both genders.
except plenty of virgins of both genders in their 30's and 40's have ended up finding loving partners and are now married and have kids. i guess in ur mind ....they are and were undesirable

so yeah...your post is definitely judgmental and untrue

Old 03-04-2017, 11:42 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Where did the 40 year old virgin talk start in here?

Did Bluegrass Weirdo make an appearance? 😂

Old 04-04-2017, 04:32 PM

4 posts, read 3,734 times
Quote:
I've known a handful of virgins in the 30-35 range. All had some type of issue: still living at home, awkward, creepy loser. If you've made it to 30 and haven't gotten laid by accident, there's something wrong with you.
Every person on this planet has issues. There is *something* wrong with everyone, including you. If you claim that this is not the case, you're either lying or a narcissist, which in itself means you have your own issues. People who are having lots of sex starting in their teens likely have just the level of problems that the virgins who live at home at 35 do, they just manifest themselves in a more socially acceptable way. And you'd be surprised how many 30-35 year old people live at home in this economy - not basement-dwelling losers who are content to mooch off their parents and spend their lives playing video games, but college-educated people who have lots going for them.

And did you ever consider that not everyone has any interest whatsoever in getting laid by accident? That some of us are just waiting for love or the right person, and that doesn't happen for everyone before age 30.

Tl;dr - yours is an ignorant, judgmental comment that completely fails to take into consideration that not everyone is the same and there is more than one valid way to live a life.

Last edited by Nilli57211; 04-04-2017 at 04:42 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 06:11 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,215 times
my first time was at 21. i never had a chance before that (spend most of my time at doctors or hospitalized), then i met someone, i fell in love with him and i gave him the only possible thing in me that wasn't ruined: my virginity. i was embarrassed and still am (i in fact lied to him, told him i had experience before, big mistake), but no matter how naive it sounds for most people i think it's great, that you are waiting for the good one, no need to rush and regret it later, most people these days seem to take their virginity as more of an hassle than something positive.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:29 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
my first time was at 21. i never had a chance before that (spend most of my time at doctors or hospitalized), then i met someone, i fell in love with him and i gave him the only possible thing in me that wasn't ruined: my virginity. i was embarrassed and still am (i in fact lied to him, told him i had experience before, big mistake), but no matter how naive it sounds for most people i think it's great, that you are waiting for the good one, no need to rush and regret it later, most people these days seem to take their virginity as more of an hassle than something positive.
You can always still tell him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships