Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times

Advertisements

I would like to discuss this topic with my fellow forum members to see other points of view and that is strip clubs I know there are strip clubs for both men and women as well as mixed gender strip clubs but since I am a man I will present my point of view as a man. I used to go to strip clubs when I was in my 20's about two 2 or 3 times a month, now that I am in my early 40's I might go 2 or maybe 3 times a year. I have a different view now and approach them differently. To me a strip club is just another business in the country, men and women go for for various reasons. the way I see it, these venues like many others offer entertainment to both genders while at the same time is different from other forms of entertainment. I go there from time to time with my friends to grab a bite, drinks a few beers and of course look at the dancers. To me up to this point it is no different than going to the movies or any other show however it becomes a problem when it becomes an addiction. I have seen men spend ridiculous amounts of money tipping those dancers only to go home empty handed at the end of the night. I have never let that happen to me, I have limits and always stick to them. I don't mind spending a few bucks tipping those girls for their work. I know that they have to eat too but letting them drain my pockets no way. I believe that strip clubs can rip off only if customers let them be. what is your opinion. I would like input from both men and women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Use the ENTER key from time to time. It makes posts readable. All I got from your post if you're a man and you want input from men and women.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:41 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
I've been to strip clubs. I don't patronize them regularly. I'm indifferent to them.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I would like to discuss this topic with my fellow forum members to see other points of view and that is strip clubs I know there are strip clubs for both men and women as well as mixed gender strip clubs but since I am a man I will present my point of view as a man. I used to go to strip clubs when I was in my 20's about two 2 or 3 times a month, now that I am in my early 40's I might go 2 or maybe 3 times a year. I have a different view now and approach them differently. To me a strip club is just another business in the country, men and women go for for various reasons. the way I see it, these venues like many others offer entertainment to both genders while at the same time is different from other forms of entertainment. I go there from time to time with my friends to grab a bite, drinks a few beers and of course look at the dancers. To me up to this point it is no different than going to the movies or any other show however it becomes a problem when it becomes an addiction. I have seen men spend ridiculous amounts of money tipping those dancers only to go home empty handed at the end of the night. I have never let that happen to me, I have limits and always stick to them. I don't mind spending a few bucks tipping those girls for their work. I know that they have to eat too but letting them drain my pockets no way. I believe that strip clubs can rip off only if customers let them be. what is your opinion. I would like input from both men and women.
I'm all for a girl getting naked in front of guys, as long as she is motivated to do it for all the right reasons.

According to my brothers ( I have two ) and my guyfriends, strip clubs are LAME AS HELL! I suppose if my brothers and my other guy friends wanted to see girls naked, they really didn't need to try that hard.

I have been to a male strip club once out of curiosity. None of the male strippers were good looking, at least not to me. I don't find male strippers sexy, I guess they are entertaining and amusing?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
DOnt care about strip clubs much, been to a couple over the last 10 years or so. Every man can get blue balls for free, there is no reason to pay for it. I know one guy who goes often, and he wears bicycle shorts, according to him - to get his moneys worth...

Old 06-14-2013, 12:55 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Yep, it's sort of like going to a steak house and paying a lot of money just to look at, smell, and possibly touch the steak, without eating it.

There are strip clubs where you can do more, but technically I suppose those would cross the line into the definition of brothel.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:58 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Would never want to go to a strip club. I don't agree with them on a moral or intellectual level.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have been to a male strip club once out of curiosity. None of the male strippers were good looking, at least not to me. I don't find male strippers sexy, I guess they are entertaining and amusing?
I've noticed that it seems to be more about comedy/entertainment when women go to see male strippers. If there is any actual arousal going on, you all don't admit to it. When men go to see female strippers, the whole point is arousal (and sometimes relief from arousal).

Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I know one guy who goes often, and he wears bicycle shorts, according to him - to get his moneys worth...
Yeah, that's another good point....If the lap dance is good enough, it can provide the necessary "relief" without crossing over into prostitution. It seems some guys are better at getting off that way than others. It just sounds too messy to me, though.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I've noticed that it seems to be more about comedy/entertainment when women go to see male strippers. If there is any actual arousal going on, you all don't admit to it. When men go to see female strippers, the whole point is arousal (and sometimes relief from arousal).
I think that's pretty true. Women go see a male stripper show as a joke, and they hoot and holler and try to embarrass their friends. It's not sexual (they have nice bodies, but a guy covered in oil and glitter in a speedo dry-humping the floor isn't an actual turn-on.) Men seem a lot more serious about going to a strip club. Some guys go by themselves and just sit and stare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships