Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 04:00 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well I was the one that wanted them. The pet I was most allergic to was the guinea pig though...couldn't not even go near that thing (she has since died). My own pets are easy though...but it took a while to figure out what I could and could not tolerate. I have allergies to damn near everything though so I'm used to it.

Finn gets an itchy face from something outside but it's not severe.

She ate bees and nothing happened?? Didn't they sting her?
They would sting her while she ate them, but have you seen a Chow's coat? Not many vulnerable places for a bee to sting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, oh. Well, then, never mind.

Why do you think she hated them?

Our cat lacks the killer instinct.
Don't know really, but she had some good hunting instincts; opossum, mice, bees.
Quote:
A minivan huh? I would have paid to see that!
I'm sure many would have, especially with the crap I talk about them.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
They would sting her while she ate them, but have you seen a Chow's coat? Not many vulnerable places for a bee to sting.
Are chows the ones that have a blue tongue?

Quote:
I'm sure many would have, especially with the crap I talk about them.
You have to admit, they make trips like that convenient. I prefer my SUV but the van was nice for carpool when I drove my kids to school. Pull up to the curb, push the button to open the door, push the button to close the door and drive off. It was the ultimate in lazy...LOL

Old 07-28-2013, 05:04 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I heard Chow's can be temperamental suckers, and aren't the greatest dogs to have if you got smaller kids.....

Old 07-28-2013, 05:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
The week we were apart from the dogs sucked big time. It was kind of nice not traveling with dogs, in that we could get out and not worry about the critters. I am thinking next trip we will have the little dogs riding along. They are such good travelers.

Hopefully the next trip is camping.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Are chows the ones that have a blue tongue?
You have to admit, they make trips like that convenient. I prefer my SUV but the van was nice for carpool when I drove my kids to school. Pull up to the curb, push the button to open the door, push the button to close the door and drive off. It was the ultimate in lazy...LOL
Blue tongues and a whole lot of fur.
It made the trip quite nice as we chose the minivan for the easy ingress/egress and all of the seats folded into the floor. The electric doors were quite nice, but the back-up camera and lane change warning were annoying. As much as I can't stand them it was a comfortable, decent ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I heard Chow's can be temperamental suckers, and aren't the greatest dogs to have if you got smaller kids.....
They are single family dogs, not particularly social with the same aloofness of a cat. They will protect the family.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Let's not even discuss vet bills! I was afraid I was going to have another emergency bill today when two of the bastards got into a fight.

It is hard to travel when you have pets. The pre-trip vet and boarding bills were our biggest expense. The bill for the bird's required vet visit and blood test was $300! We have one dog we can't board and if he doesn't stop being a PITA I'm not sure SD's dad will be willing to watch him anymore.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Let's not even discuss vet bills! I was afraid I was going to have another emergency bill today when two of the bastards got into a fight.

It is hard to travel when you have pets. The pre-trip vet and boarding bills were our biggest expense. The bill for the bird's required vet visit and blood test was $300! We have one dog we can't board and if he doesn't stop being a PITA I'm not sure SD's dad will be willing to watch him anymore.
Boarding kills us and the stress it causes the two females (they don't eat) isn't worth it.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
Boarding kills us and the stress it causes the two females (they don't eat) isn't worth it.
The three we board don't have that problem. They, and the bird, ate like pigs while we were gone. LOL The girl beagle did give me quite a talking to when I picked them up, though. Apparently she was very talkative and very social while she was there.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:12 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
The three we board don't have that problem. They, and the bird, ate like pigs while we were gone. LOL The girl beagle did give me quite a talking to when I picked them up, though. Apparently she was very talkative and very social while she was there.
Baby girl is always so social. It is funny when she chews us out.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Beagles are hell raisers... LOL, at least one that lives here, man, the guy walks him in the afternoons and he's just starting shyt with everyone around him, howling and whatnot... LOL......

We call him the evil beagle.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships