Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, the affluent kid in Wellesley is worse off than the kid living in poverty with two parents? C'mon.
He is probably worse off than the middle class family from Wellesley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
He is probably worse off than the middle class family from Wellesley.
There are no middle class in Wellesley.

Anyhow, just pause and think about it. Where is the poor kid living? In a rough neighborhood with a criminal element. He's surrounded by uneducated people, a poor school system, bad friends who have crappy parents, and whatever else. The affluent kid is surrounded by educated people, kids who have parents that are successful, a well funded school system, money for college, and opportunity out the ying yang. These two kids are not residing in the same figurative universe.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Skin gets tighter? I don't think so...
I've seen some guys who get older the skin gets tighter. It gets kind Crypt Keeper-ish.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-18-2013, 03:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've seen some guys who get older the skin gets tighter. It gets kind Crypt Keeper-ish.
I have a feeling it didn't get tighter on it's own! Maybe that's what's confusing people. Skin getting tighter across the face as one ages = plastic surgery or botox.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
I have a feeling it didn't get tighter on it's own! Maybe that's what's confusing people. Skin getting tighter across the face as one ages = plastic surgery or botox.
Very true. Maybe people just think it looks tighter because they can see bone?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Piggybacking off the thread where the man got an ultimatum to marry from his GF. Why do women (in general) want to get married so badly? Why does marriage matter so much if its not really any different than a LTR?
We don't. Personally, I never want to married again.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Your reasoning holds more weight to you? Ok. Your friends opinion doesn't hold any more weight either. None of that touches on my points. If you're not attractive at 30 or 40, why do you think you're going to be attractive at 50 or 60? It's always the same lackluster arguments on this forum and at least in my life, I don't see them flying. I think the aging argument only has merit when considering the beautiful. As stated earlier, it doesn't matter if we agree or not. The proof is in the pudding when it comes to this forum and that's something we only know in our individual lives. Given the incessant whining coming from men on CD, I don't think salt and pepper is doing the trick (if you guys have hair, are buff/not overweight like the vast majority, have successful careers, etc).

Pin point to me where I said that if you aren't attractive at 30 or 40, that you're going to be attractive at 50 or 60 just because of a change of hair color?

Three words:

Who said that?

Show me where I said that, because I don't even know where you are getting this information from.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-18-2013 at 03:55 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 03:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Quote:
Skin gets tighter? I don't think so...
Are you serious. Most people know that if you are thin and getting older 35-45, your skin looks tighter. Heavier people are not included, because in those people your skin sags. Are you really acting like you don't know this. And you're how old?

The elasticity wears off when one ages. That's why young people have such soft skin. It bounces back fast when you touch it. It changes as you age.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I've seen guys on this forum state that they have assets comprised of a used car and 5k in the bank with a follow up question of how to protect it from the womens.
Haaaaaaaa! Oh my gosh that just cracked me up!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Are you serious. Most people know that if you are thin and getting older 35-45, your skin looks tighter. Heavier people are not included, because in those people your skin sags. Are you really acting like you don't know this. And you're how old?

The elasticity wears off when one ages. That's why young people have such soft skin. It bounces back fast when you touch it. It changes as you age.
Um....skin gets LOOSER as you age. Why do you think the skin sags and wrinkles with age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships