Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,440,150 times

Advertisements

I have read many threads that state or imply that if a guy just wants sex, picking a woman for a ONS is easy. In various threads about "guys who are virgins" or threads about prostitution, someone will often say something to the effect of "if a guy will lower his standards, he can easily pick up a woman at a bar or club for a ONS."

In all my almost 50 years,I have never had a ons. When I was young and single I never had problems talking to women or having girlfriend, but I never understood how guys steered conversations with women towards ONS. I never understood how out of all the women at a club, they were able to find the one who was willing to have a ons, versus just trading phone numbers. So when I read a posting by someone saying having a ons is easy, I wonder if other people have a different experience in life that I have.

Those of you who have had ons, how did you make it happen? How did you select the partner, and what magic words did you say to get to the ons conversation?

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
"They" pick you up.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:11 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
I'm with you on this. 30 years old here and never had one.

Men who are really attractive have no trouble with this.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
alcohol/drugs lowers people inhibitions; ONS typically happens under those circumstances. IME.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Go to burning man.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
They are easy when you are young.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
ons can happen within your social circle while out, doesn't have to be someone you just met.

generally if you chatted someone up and you have a good vibe/chemistry with them, next step is to ask her out to another place, could be place next door, diner, etc. if she is game, you're on. go for some kino and kissing.

Last edited by nokiddin; 07-28-2013 at 06:41 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Most of mine have been one of two ways.

Online dating: chat it up for a while. Invite them to come over and watch a movie, or to the beach at night. I worked night shift for a summer and it was amazing how many girls were willing to go swimming and hang out on the beach at 2 a.m. in terms of coming over I just say I work 60-70 hrs a week and spend another 10+ in the gym so if they want to come over they can meet me. Once you get their vibe down its pretty easy to know when to ask and what they'll say.

At the club: def harder since they are usually with friends. Most come and leave together. Sometimes while talking id show them a pic of my dog. Numerous times they would a. Offer to come over and meet him right then. B. Come out to my car and meet him when he'd come to the bar with me and chill in the car on cooler nights. After parties are also a great way to hook up. Typically after the comfort point of investing serious time in the night you can ask what they are doing after the bar and tell them you usually can't sleep for a while and are welcome to come over and have some drinks n watch a movie. If you live close its a HUGE help. At one point I could walk out of most bars downtown and point to a tall building and point out my top floor corner apartment. Being 2 blocks away helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-28-2013, 07:06 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
I have read many threads that state or imply that if a guy just wants sex, picking a woman for a ONS is easy.

Surely you must realize that the person that said that is referring to guys that CAN pick up women easily. It doesn't mean that ANYONE can. Frankly, most guys don't have the looks or the charm.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:18 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Surely you must realize that the person that said that is referring to guys that CAN pick up women easily. It doesn't mean that ANYONE can. Frankly, most guys don't have the looks or the charm.
And this is VERY few guys. Vast majority of guys fall a bit short in some category that makes it easy.

I've had quite a few and I would NEVER call it "easy." Not a lot of girls are willing to have one and it's very very easy to invest an hour or two in a night with the girl that isn't that type. In all actuality thats just a good lesson for any guy to know there are good women out there with respect for themselves. Those are the kind of girls you date. Not lead on to sleep with then drop. The worst are girls who really throw on that vibe and even talk themselves up sex wise and then are just talk.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-30-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships