Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Someone who boils bunnies aka serial killer in training.
Or commonly known as very loco women. Always need to watch out for the quiet ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Shy, probably. Introverted/quiet, definitely. I'm quiet/introverted myself, so it works for me. My best relationships have been with introverts. I've also dated extraverts, and that works too, but is a little harder since I do need down time.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I heard from many guy friends that shy women are the wildest in bed. If i were a dude, i'd be the player type, so i would pursue a shy chick! opposite attracts

Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnovscorp View Post
Would you date or form a relationship with a quiet/shy girl? A girl who doesn't talk much or doesn't share much of herself.
I'm a quiet and somewhat shy woman. However, once I'm comfortable with people I open up and if I feel "safe" I will completely open up and are willing to share anything with someone who makes me feel that way. Even though in the beginning I don't make much eye contact and just smile and stair at the ground, but always making sure I'm polite, I'm still very quiet.

I find once your comfortable with someone and know that they aren't going to hurt you, you'll open up and become a tiger.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
I've had mixed experiences with the shy/introverted types. The majority I've tried talking to were met with very snarky remarks with no hint of humor at all. Not sure what that was about. Only one I can recall was actually a bit of a Final Fantasy fan, and I chalked it up to something she can't really talk about with her gal pals since it's a videogame.

Remember, in the 90s, women gamers was some form of blasphemy before it became totally mainstream. For women, the shaming was far worse than with guys in my neck of the woods. Sometimes, I wish tech was advanced when I was a late teen or I was born ten years later, haha.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Well, by that logic you could date ugly, fat, poor, dirty, homeless, drug addicted, felons, sex offenders or stupid people too hoping that at some point they'll surprise you!
Ummm....no, some behaviors are changeable and some are not. Being quiet is something that can change one you get to know someone. Many of the individuals you have list do not change or it is highly unlikely that they will change

Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
The only problem I have with them is that you can never know where they stand, in regards to you or put it in detail.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
She and introverted people generally are open and talkative to people who fall within their comfort circle. That circle just tends to not be all that big.

If you were dating one, and within a few dates could build the trust level with that person, they would become open with you and communicate.

So I see no reason not to date someone shy or introverted for that reason alone.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
lol at the bunny boiler. And yes, many guys would date a shy girl. Its niot as if she has to do anything more than sit there and look pretty, for guys to approach anyway.
On average, shy or introverted women are less likely than other women to try to make themselves objects of viewers' visual enjoyment.

Would I date one? If physically attracted enough and confident that one-on-one conversation would be interesting, not sparse, and often not prompted by me. To me, there's no point of a real relationship without that.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,712,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnovscorp View Post
Would you date or form a relationship with a quiet/shy girl? A girl who doesn't talk much or doesn't share much of herself.
Its expected to be shy at first so yes but if she is always shy and can't open up that can be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships