Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times

Advertisements

Was she 19?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,010,665 times
The trick is to not be a douche, make her giggle, and relate to them on some level.

Then, they start to talk to you a bit, and they start opening up to you.

This is not rocket science.

No, I'm not calling anyone a douche.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM

469 posts, read 567,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnovscorp View Post
Would you date or form a relationship with a quiet/shy girl? A girl who doesn't talk much or doesn't share much of herself.
I've dated 2 of them and have had great relationships with them. They can also keep a conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I would hope most guys would say yes as I am quiet/shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
If she was nice, kindhearted, and affectionate to me, then sure, absolutely Shy girls who are sweet can be extremely cute and attractive, IMO
agreed

Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,878,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Date one? Of course! I fell in love with one once. It never panned out, and she still doesn't talk to me after I told her my feelings, more than a year now.

Shy girls, I will say, are difficult to talk to. The one I was into was hard to get to know, and no matter how much I tried to get her to so much as speak to me she wouldn't.

Awww, I'm so sorry.
That is good that you told her your feelings.
Why won't she talk to you? Did you do her wrong?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,013,083 times
Quote:
Awww, I'm so sorry.
That is good that you told her your feelings.
Why won't she talk to you? Did you do her wrong?
I like to hope that I didn't. But it's a long story.

A few years ago I met her in a geology class that we were both in, I was the unconfident fat guy back then. I couldn't talk to her, she was just too cute. We chatted a little, but, I just couldn't get up the courage. She is a cousin of a late friend of mine.

Then this happens (part of big set of issues as //www.city-data.com/forum/30460191-post15.html, //www.city-data.com/forum/24104121-post1.html.)

I messaged her a couple more times afterward, telling her how I was in the aftermath of my grandma's passing, she says nothing. I leave her alone for the rest of the year, message her again at Christmas, still nothing. The whole time I longed for her in 2011-2012 she was into another guy, but a guy who was taken and treated her like crap in the past.

Maybe in a way I alienated her, I probably did, but the silent treatment I got I don't think I deserved in the slightest.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:49 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,548,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnovscorp View Post
Would you date or form a relationship with a quiet/shy girl? A girl who doesn't talk much or doesn't share much of herself.
heck yeah! next to cool babes, definitely prefer cute shy ones. love to explore new things with them. deli

DM me if you want talk on the DL

Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 PM

355 posts, read 389,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Was she 19?
you talking to me?

if so then no, younger

Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,878,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I like to hope that I didn't. But it's a long story.

A few years ago I met her in a geology class that we were both in, I was the unconfident fat guy back then. I couldn't talk to her, she was just too cute. We chatted a little, but, I just couldn't get up the courage. She is a cousin of a late friend of mine.

Then this happens (part of big set of issues as //www.city-data.com/forum/30460191-post15.html, //www.city-data.com/forum/24104121-post1.html.)

I messaged her a couple more times afterward, telling her how I was in the aftermath of my grandma's passing, she says nothing. I leave her alone for the rest of the year, message her again at Christmas, still nothing. The whole time I longed for her in 2011-2012 she was into another guy, but a guy who was taken and treated her like crap in the past.

Maybe in a way I alienated her, I probably did, but the silent treatment I got I don't think I deserved in the slightest.

I'm sorry that you had so much going on. That is a lot to deal with. Also sorry that your friend died and your Grandma too.

Doesn't sound to me like you did her wrong.
You did the right thing by later letting her know- why you hadn't been around. Also contacting her again at Christmas to say hi. She should of gotten back to you and tell you something. I agree you didn't deserve the silent treatment.

I dated a guy towards the end of this past year who just all of a sudden stopped talking to me and never gave me an explanation as to why. Last I heard from him at all was- right after New Years he was gone skiing and never told me. He said he would call me that weekend but he never did. I really thought he was "the one" for me. I was really starting to care for him.

Out of the blue he called me last week- and mentioned how he had been out of state for the last 6-7 months. Who goes out of town for that length of time. He was acting as if we had talked recently and how he hoped I would call him back. I think that was very wrong of him to just stop talking to me in the first place without a reason. At this point I haven't called him back. Why would you ignore a girl for 6-7 months that you sopposedly really like? I'm sure he could of called me during that time he was sopposedly gone. What does he think- I've been sitting around for the last 6-7 months waiting for him to call me. I eventually moved on and tried to stop thinking about him. What other choice did I have. I'm thinking if he genuinely truly cares he wont give up on trying to talk to me just yet.

Last edited by Hatetheheat01; 07-29-2013 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Had more to say.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:35 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,013,083 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that you had so much going on. That is a lot to deal with. Also sorry that your friend died and your Grandma too.

Doesn't sound to me like you did her wrong.
You did the right thing by later letting her know- why you hadn't been around.
Thank you. Her mom eventually told me that she just didn't want to hurt my feelings. And that is the last I ever heard from them.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
you talking to me?

if so then no, younger
Lol.....alright then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships