Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
They didnt work out mainly because I simply didnt feel the same about them (ie not much in common, unattractive, lack of employment/transportation)

And it seems when I do approach a woman, the interaction doesn't go well and I end up not even getting a number, or if I do get one, they never call or text back

The main issue really is the women I'm interested in are not interested in me, while the ones who throw themselves at me, I never give the time of day to.

Here are the women are are interested in me

-Fat
-Ugly
-Unemployed
-No ambition
-Expect me to pay for EVERYTHING
-Expect me to chauffeur them around (and Orlando is the epitome of suburban sprawl)
See if I were you, I'd be okay with those who "expect you to chauffeur them around"

When my car was in the body shop, my boyfriend was my driver. It is expected, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 PM

355 posts, read 389,222 times
I'm a dude but, I like to help sooooo(warning, really long like my.... favorite hotdog brand.):
Spoiler
Quote:
-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
Quote:
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
you're most likely screwed women-wise until you move out, ever seen failure to launch(mostly the beginning scene)?

Quote:
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
start.

Quote:
-I don't use tobacco products
good.

Quote:
-I am a social drinker though
good.

Quote:
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
I don't understand the point of living at home if you pay for everything, you're getting the worst of both worlds

Quote:
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
you sound like me, that's a good thing I'm a p**** magnet

Quote:
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
I would think that a sense of adventure and exploration would be going camping and wandering through the woods or picking up caving

Quote:
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
this was my exact thought when I read this

Gaaaay - YouTube

Quote:
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word
at first I was thinking that this was beta/nice guy stuff, but as long as you are not normally like that then a lil' chivalry won't hurt

Quote:
-She has to be physically attractive to me, she doesn't have to look like Kate Upton, but at the same time, she cant look like Precious either. Sorry if that sounds douchy, but thats how I feel. I dont mind if a girl is even moderately overweight because I have met some overweight girls who ARE attractive. But there is a limit. A cute face is nice too
Quote:
-She has to have a job! I don't care what kind of job it is, just have one, while I dont mind spoiling my girl and payingh for dates, I'm not made of money, This is a deal breaker
Quote:
-She has to have a car. Why? I'm no chauffeur, and my car requires premium gas that's why. This is a deal breaker
all of the above are fine

Quote:
-She doesn't do any drugs, DEFINITELY a deal breaker
define drugs and define doing

obviously crackwhores and hardcore meth heads are off the table,

but what if she just likes to party and does some speed for a rave or some ex for a club or some weed to chill with friends, is that ok? if it is then this standard is fine, if not then... I personally think there's something wrong with the standard but I ain't you.

Quote:
-She has to have a sense of humor, most girls I meet have the sense of humor of a tree stump
Quote:
-She has to be interested in more than material things and money.
the above are fair enough

Quote:
So ladies in your 20s here is my question, do I have ANYTHING to offer Millenial women or am I just a dud and should quit right now? And are my standards too high
keep in mind that women who meet your standards will not have a problem and women who don't will villify you

Quote:
I do need to add this about myself. I was diagnosed with HIV last year, and I take medication now and the medicine has made it IMPOSSIBLE to spread even without protection according to my DR. However if I were in a relationship, I would be open and honest about my health as well as use condoms 100% of the time
how did you get HIV(if you don't mind sharing)?

Quote:
Response in red
she thinks you're demanding because you're not a desperate 15 year old virgin who'll have sex with anything and like it

she thinks you're cheap because some women think that spending your money is a god given right

no idea why she thinks you're rude though

Old 07-29-2013, 11:34 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
See if I were you, I'd be okay with those who "expect you to chauffeur them around"

When my car was in the body shop, my boyfriend was my driver. It is expected, no?
Now if her car was in the shop, I wouldnt mind. However in my previous relationship when my ex's car had problems (which was a lot since she drove an 02 Ford Focus) she would just take my keys and drive herself around until her car was fixed (which I usually paid for, even though she made just as much money as me and had no car payment) How did I get place "oh you can take the bus, I'm too cute to do that" was my ex's response when I asked why we couldn't share MY car

Here's my issue with the chauffeuring around bit. The Greater Orlando area is about 60 miles north to south and 45 miles east to west. I drive a high performance car that requires premium gas to run, and averages 22 mpg. Premium gas is about $3.99 at the moment, and with a 20 gallon tank its not cheap to fill up. So when a girl (who actually said this once) says "Stop bytching about your gas and come pick me up" When she lives 30 miles away (met online), not only is that time and gas, but thats about $5 in tolls each way on top of it. And we're not even going on a date, she just wants a ride to the mall so she can spend her parents money on a pair of Vera Wang heels she'll wear at the club with her girlfriends

Thats why I say I'm not a chauffeur

Old 07-29-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Now if her car was in the shop, I wouldnt mind. However in my previous relationship when my ex's car had problems (which was a lot since she drove an 02 Ford Focus) she would just take my keys and drive herself around until her car was fixed (which I usually paid for, even though she made just as much money as me and had no car payment) How did I get place "oh you can take the bus, I'm too cute to do that" was my ex's response when I asked why we couldn't share the car

Here's my issue with the chauffeuring around bit. The Greater Orlando area is about 60 miles north to south and 45 miles east to west. I drive a high performance car that requires premium gas to run, and averages 22 mpg. Premium gas is about $3.99 at the moment, and with a 20 gallon tank its not cheap to fill up. So when a girl (who actually said this once) says "Stop bytching about your gas and come pick me up" When she lives 30 miles away (met online), not only is that time and gas, but thats about $5 in tolls each way on top of it. And we're not even going on a date, she just wants a ride to the mall so she can spend her parents money on a pair of Vera Wang heels she'll wear at the club with her girlfriends

Thats why I say I'm not a chauffeur
I think I am a little confused about what kind of relationship you are looking for. If I am looking for a casual relationship, I perhaps would react the same way you did. However, if I am in a serious loving relationship (moving towards marriage), my boyfriend would be my responsibility. For example, if he is sick, I would be the one who takes care of him, if he doesn't have transportation temporarily, I will pick him up and drive him around. I am sure he would do exactly the same thing for me.

It seems to me that you haven't experienced true love. You need to be patient about it. Put your profile on all dating sites (free or paid), be straight forward and upfront about your health issue (to avoid criminal charges), wait for the women in your dreams.

Maybe consider long distance dating.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 PM

129 posts, read 246,569 times

Davie is right, Orlando is the hell of sprawl. Unless you've lived here or experienced it I would not be so quick to judge. When your stock answer is "Everything is 30 minutes (one way) away",you might feel different

Old 07-29-2013, 11:58 PM

Op, good luck.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post

Davie is right, Orlando is the hell of sprawl. Unless you've lived here or experienced it I would not be so quick to judge. When your stock answer is "Everything is 30 minutes (one way) away",you might feel different
Most of the girls Ive met online, or even when Im out, usually live in Downtown, Winter Park/Maitland, or East Orlando/UCF while I live in Hunters Creek, close to NONE of those places

Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Op, good luck.
Its one thing to be responsible for somebody if their car is in the shop, or if they're sick, going through hard times, etc

But when a girl has a dependent personality and doesnt want to work, lives 30 miles away from me, and has no car or job, then no I will not chauffeur them around the suburban sprawl I call my hometown

Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Its one thing to be responsible for somebody if their car is in the shop, or if they're sick, going through hard times, etc

But when a girl has a dependent personality and doesnt want to work, lives 30 miles away from me, and has no car or job, then no I will not chauffeur them around the suburban sprawl I call my hometown
I won't blame you. Just need to be patient, you will find somebody.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 AM

129 posts, read 246,569 times
Lol! I live near you (417 & Boggy Creek) and understand the distance!!

I love Orlando but not the sprawl!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships