Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times

Advertisements

I'm 23, 24 in December, and I've been single for 2 years now (last and only relationship I've ever had ended in October 2011) and while I have had a hookup here and there, I find myself wanting to be in a meaningful relationship with a young woman my age

So here's a little about me, I'll try and highlight all my "good qualities"

-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
-I don't use tobacco products
-I am a social drinker though
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
-I treat everybody as I wish to be treated
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word

And here is what I look for in a woman (people tell me my standards are too high btw)

-She has to be physically attractive to me, she doesn't have to look like Kate Upton, but at the same time, she cant look like Precious either. Sorry if that sounds douchy, but thats how I feel. I dont mind if a girl is even moderately overweight because I have met some overweight girls who ARE attractive. But there is a limit. A cute face is nice too
-She has to have a job! I don't care what kind of job it is, just have one, while I dont mind spoiling my girl and payingh for dates, I'm not made of money, This is a deal breaker
-She has to have a car. Why? I'm no chauffeur, and my car requires premium gas that's why. This is a deal breaker
-She doesn't do any drugs, DEFINITELY a deal breaker
-She has to have a sense of humor, most girls I meet have the sense of humor of a tree stump
-She has to be interested in more than material things and money.

So ladies in your 20s here is my question, do I have ANYTHING to offer Millenial women or am I just a dud and should quit right now? And are my standards too high

I do need to add this about myself. I was diagnosed with HIV last year, and I take medication now and the medicine has made it IMPOSSIBLE to spread even without protection according to my DR. However if I were in a relationship, I would be open and honest about my health as well as use condoms 100% of the time
Top Stories : Undetectable Viral Load Essentially Eliminates Transmission Risk in Straight Couples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Please

Quit basing your self-worth on the opinions of others.

All happiness and peace comes from within.

Once you get that, you'll be well on your way to the life you want

Old 07-29-2013, 10:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
You're better off stating your bad qualities, then proceeding to work on those to make yourself a better person worthy of dating a woman who you want to date.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I do need to add this about myself. I was diagnosed with HIV last year, and I take medication now and the medicine has made it IMPOSSIBLE to spread even without protection according to my DR. However if I were in a relationship, I would be open and honest about my health as well as use condoms 100% of the time
Did you guys see this? I think he added it after the first couple of posts.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
I'm 23, 24 in December, and I've been single for 2 years now (last and only relationship I've ever had ended in October 2011) and while I have had a hookup here and there, I find myself wanting to be in a meaningful relationship with a young woman my age

So here's a little about me, I'll try and highlight all my "good qualities"

-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
-I don't use tobacco products
-I am a social drinker though
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
-I treat everybody as I wish to be treated
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word

And here is what I look for in a woman (people tell me my standards are too high btw)

-She has to be physically attractive to me, she doesn't have to look like Kate Upton, but at the same time, she cant look like Precious either. Sorry if that sounds douchy, but thats how I feel. I dont mind if a girl is even moderately overweight because I have met some overweight girls who ARE attractive. But there is a limit. A cute face is nice too
-She has to have a job! I don't care what kind of job it is, just have one, while I dont mind spoiling my girl and payingh for dates, I'm not made of money, This is a deal breaker
-She has to have a car. Why? I'm no chauffeur, and my car requires premium gas that's why. This is a deal breaker
-She doesn't do any drugs, DEFINITELY a deal breaker
-She has to have a sense of humor, most girls I meet have the sense of humor of a tree stump
-She has to be interested in more than material things and money.

So ladies in your 20s here is my question, do I have ANYTHING to offer Millenial women or am I just a dud and should quit right now? And are my standards too high

Top Stories : Undetectable Viral Load Essentially Eliminates Transmission Risk in Straight Couples
you sound lovely, but boring.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, how sad.

All the more reason though for him to look for happiness from within.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
His HIV is going to really diminish the number of women willing to date him, assuming he's upfront with every woman he dates. He also has to find them attractive, too, so that will probably eliminate more women from that pool.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Don't get discouraged, sweetie. Have you tried a niche website, like HIV positive dating? I honestly think you will find somebody who understand what you've been through and are going through.

Good luck to you. Please take care. ((((( )))))))

Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't get discouraged, sweetie. Have you tried a niche website, like HIV positive dating? I honestly think you will find somebody who understand what you've been through and are going through.

Good luck to you. Please take care. ((((( )))))))
I have and have had no luck, most of the women on there are not local and MUCH older than I. The number of HIV+ women is very small

There have been plenty of HIV- women who wanted to date me inspite of my status. Why did I choose not to date them? I just didnt feel the same way that they did about me

Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Omg you are narcissistic yet have many flaws. Down right hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships