Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,977,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Bingo! And how do you know everyone's life? What if this old bag works with the young demographic. And shockingly enough talks to people outside of her age. Gasp!
We will just have to simply wait and count all the same references as you have made vs how many younger women reply....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Before my diagnosis. no I probably would not have wanted my sister to date somebody "like" me

Knowing what I know now. With the meds they have now for people "like" me, and if that person were open and honest, and was generally a good person, yes I wouldnt mind if somebody "like" me dated my sister

Remember that ignorance is bliss, it also spreads STDs when the few "innocent" victims contract it through unprotected sex when the person they're with doesn't reveal their status and is NOT on meds
It seems as if you are expecting general population to know about HIV as much as you do. Very few people that dont have that burden really educate themselves on the topic and latest advances and scientific findings. Its a big road block in your dating life, and seriously impacts the number of women willing to date you. As such, I suggest losening up your standards, because you may be lonely for a pretty long time. For example, Im sure you could make it work, if she didnt have a car at the moment. Besides that, seek women with HIV themselves, thats your best shot.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:09 AM

39,328 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
It seems as if you are expecting general population to know about HIV as much as you do. Very few people that dont have that burden really educate themselves on the topic and latest advances and scientific findings. Its a big road block in your dating life, and seriously impacts the number of women willing to date you. As such, I suggest losening up your standards, because you may be lonely for a pretty long time. For example, Im sure you could make it work, if she didnt have a car at the moment. Besides that, seek women with HIV themselves, thats your best shot.
agreed!

Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
We will just have to simply wait and count all the same references as you have made vs how many younger women reply....
Many young ladies are not on a forum because they are out socializing like the young men should. I'm 35 and I still get out. Not like my crazy 20's. But that's when you explore a lot.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM

11,819 posts, read 12,070,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I agree with this as well.

I would also note, like many other similar posts I've seen on C-D, it's a list of what you do, not who you are. So your list of things to offer don't mean much because they aren't unique to you. Who you are is unique and that's what people want to know when they're trying to make an emotional connection with you.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,226,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am going to be brutally honest with you OP. I work in the HIV world (communicator, policymaking, activist, etc.) but taking myself out of that and into the realm of potential partner, the big question in my mind would be HOW did you contract the virus. It is very rare for a man to get it from a woman. Men are almost always infected through MSM activity or injection drug use. Those would be the red flags for me. Not the infection itself since I know with ARV meds and circumcision you can reduce your chance of transmission to almost zero.

Any answer on this yet?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,049 times
Davie you are so young. Why are you obsessing about your lack of love life? You know some guys have it good when tbey are young men and some young men grow into being confident and attractive. I think you will be the latter. As you mature you'll become more attractive to women. That's all I can give you because your posting history has revealed you think you should have a model girlfriend when you yourself are not in that league. Until you stop judging people solely on their looks you're forever destined to be unhappy. There's an old saying, judge not lest ye be judged. Do you see the irony here?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,433,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Feeling satisfied within enables you to function better as a social species.
I have no doubt it does but that does not address anything I wrote. I am sure it improves your function as a social person - but it still does not support the notion that all happiness comes from within. Again - that is just a throw away phrase that says nothing.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM

44,391 posts, read 20,116,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't get discouraged, sweetie. Have you tried a niche website, like HIV positive dating? I honestly think you will find somebody who understand what you've been through and are going through.

Good luck to you. Please take care. ((((( )))))))
A friend of mine met her SO via such a website. They both contracted herpes in prior relationships. They've been together for about 7 years and are very much in love.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-30-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,558,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So here's a little about me, I'll try and highlight all my "good qualities"

-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
-I don't use tobacco products
-I am a social drinker though
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
-I treat everybody as I wish to be treated
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word
I'm a dude in my 40s, so forgive me for not being in the age group or the gender you were hoping to hear from. In your list of "good qualities," it takes you until point #7 to actually list anything that describes you. You mention your job, where you live, the fact that you buy your own groceries, etc. etc. That's not you, that's what you do and where you live.

And then in what you are looking for in a SO, you also talk about her job, her car, etc. etc. Put it this way. If for some reason, your company laid you off -- and don't say it can't happen, it's happened to me twice in the last six years -- then you'd have no job. If your car broke down during that time, then you'd also have no car. But this doesn't really say anything about you, but by your own stanrds, it would eliminate you from your own candidate list.

Judging entirely from this thread, I'd say you don't connect emotionally with people and that will be your biggest problem. You seem to worry too much about having to pay for stuff for them or, for the love of God!, having to drive out of your way for them. You need to lighten up, really. I was your age once and had become hard on relationships and women in general. I put way too much time trying to find the love of my life and not enough time just having fun with friends and meeting people.

I got to the point where I just didn't care anymore and purposefully took myself out of the dating world. Longest two years of my life, but I still didn't rush things. And then one day I saw this red head walking my way. (Well, I was on a walk way!) And nineteen years later, we are still very much in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships