Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Omg you are narcissistic yet have many flaws. Down right hypocritical.
How am I narcissistic? What flaws besides my health do I have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
How am I narcissistic? What flaws besides my health do I have?
-cheap
-demanding
-rude

Set the bar so high but don't have many bars to give out.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,876,903 times
Quote:
I'm 23, 24 in December, and I've been single for 2 years now (last and only relationship I've ever had ended in October 2011) and while I have had a hookup here and there, I find myself wanting to be in a meaningful relationship with a young woman my age

So here's a little about me, I'll try and highlight all my "good qualities"

-I am building a career for a major and stable company here in Florida, and plan on being a store manager in the future, though I only have an HS education, I can still get into mgmt through hard work and on the job training
-I live at home, BUT I am seeking a 2nd job so I can get my own apartment and move out
-I don't do any drugs, not even weed
-I don't use tobacco products
-I am a social drinker though
-Other than living at home, I buy my own groceries, pay my car payment, gas, cell phone, car insurance, etc
-I'm very outgoing, and easy to talk to
-I have a great sense of humor and am always trying to make people laugh
-I have a sense of adventure and exploration. I'm always going out around town checking out new restaurants, stores, bars, etc
-I treat everybody as I wish to be treated
-My idea of a romantic date would be a walk through a downtown park as the sun sets behind the skyline, where we could just chat about whatever, and hold hands
-I'm very old fashioned (ie I open doors for women, pull out chairs, etc) I guess chivalrous is the right word

And here is what I look for in a woman (people tell me my standards are too high btw)

-She has to be physically attractive to me, she doesn't have to look like Kate Upton, but at the same time, she cant look like Precious either. Sorry if that sounds douchy, but thats how I feel. I dont mind if a girl is even moderately overweight because I have met some overweight girls who ARE attractive. But there is a limit. A cute face is nice too
-She has to have a job! I don't care what kind of job it is, just have one, while I dont mind spoiling my girl and payingh for dates, I'm not made of money, This is a deal breaker
-She has to have a car. Why? I'm no chauffeur, and my car requires premium gas that's why. This is a deal breaker
-She doesn't do any drugs, DEFINITELY a deal breaker
-She has to have a sense of humor, most girls I meet have the sense of humor of a tree stump
-She has to be interested in more than material things and money.

So ladies in your 20s here is my question, do I have ANYTHING to offer Millenial women or am I just a dud and should quit right now? And are my standards too high

I do need to add this about myself. I was diagnosed with HIV last year, and I take medication now and the medicine has made it IMPOSSIBLE to spread even without protection according to my DR. However if I were in a relationship, I would be open and honest about my health as well as use condoms 100% of the time
Top Stories : Undetectable Viral Load Essentially Eliminates Transmission Risk in Straight Couples

Of course you have something to offer. We all deserve love and to be loved in return. You are worthy of love.
Kudos to you for now being open and honest with all of your future relationships that you now have HIV- since you know. It is crucial that you let your future relationships know- that's only the right thing to do. Always best to be honest.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
-cheap How? Because I expect my future girl to have a job?I dont mind paying for dates, spoiling a girl but not ALL the time
-demanding How?
-rude How?

Set the bar so high but don't have many bars to give out.
Response in red

Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
OP, if you had a daughter or a sister, do you want your own daughter or sister to date somebody like you? You don't have to answer my question, just be honest with yourself.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
OP, if you had a daughter or a sister, do you want your own daughter or sister to date somebody like you? You don't have to answer my question, just be honest with yourself.
Before my diagnosis. no I probably would not have wanted my sister to date somebody "like" me

Knowing what I know now. With the meds they have now for people "like" me, and if that person were open and honest, and was generally a good person, yes I wouldnt mind if somebody "like" me dated my sister

Remember that ignorance is bliss, it also spreads STDs when the few "innocent" victims contract it through unprotected sex when the person they're with doesn't reveal their status and is NOT on meds

Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 PM

355 posts, read 389,222 times
basically OP you sound fine but boring, the HIV thing however means you have 2 options

1. meet women on some kind of dating site like AIDSmingle

2. since you cannot spread your HIV anyway omit this information(ABSOLUTELY NOT reccommended mainly because it will wreck any relationship if it gets out and may lead to criminal charges, but if you just have a bunch of one night stands/FWBs/short term relationships or live a whole fake life so you cannot be caught then I guess it could work)

Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Before my diagnosis. no I probably would not have wanted my sister to date somebody "like" me

Knowing what I know now. With the meds they have now for people "like" me, and if that person were open and honest, and was generally a good person, yes I wouldnt mind if somebody "like" me dated my sister

Remember that ignorance is bliss, it also spreads STDs when the few "innocent" victims contract it through unprotected sex when the person they're with doesn't reveal their status and is NOT on meds
If you are confident about yourself, I don't see any problems then. You posted earlier that there are many hiv negative women wanted to date you, how come nothing worked out? If nothing worked out, you have two options. A. give the woman who wants to date you a chance B. Be patient.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you are confident about yourself, I don't see any problems then. You posted earlier that there are many hiv negative women wanted to date you, how come nothing worked out? If nothing worked out, you have two options. A. give the woman who wants to date you a chance B. Be patient.
They didnt work out mainly because I simply didnt feel the same about them (ie not much in common, unattractive, lack of employment/transportation)

And it seems when I do approach a woman, the interaction doesn't go well and I end up not even getting a number, or if I do get one, they never call or text back

The main issue really is the women I'm interested in are not interested in me, while the ones who throw themselves at me, I never give the time of day to.

Here are the women are are interested in me

-Fat
-Ugly
-Unemployed
-No ambition
-Expect me to pay for EVERYTHING
-Expect me to chauffeur them around (and Orlando is the epitome of suburban sprawl)

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,980 times
You seem like a nice fellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships