Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM

355 posts, read 389,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Are you absolutely crazy? To tell this guy to OMIT the information that he is HIV+? That is just one of the many things wrong with this world and why so many women have such a LOW opinion of men.
did you litterally miss the next 3 words?

besides, the doctors assured him he has a 0% chance of transmission, it is risky but in his best interests to never tell a soul about it.

also, most women have a low opinion of men because the guys they actually like are jerks who'll pump and dump and yet the guys who want what they want they don't like, not because of HIV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Mod cut: Personal attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Repeating a thing doesn't make it so.
Exactly! Which is why repeating lines from fortune cookies does not make those lines true. The fact is that human happiness is contingent on many sources - influences - and inputs. Throw away lines like "All happiness comes from within" say nothing and in fact cloud and obfuscate many issues that lead to human unhappiness. Turning entirely introverted in an attempt to find happiness will get one nowhere.

The fact is we are and remain a social animal and as such much of our contentment and well being and happiness come from other people - not just from within.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-31-2013 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 05:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Exactly! Which is why repeating lines from fortune cookies does not make those lines true. The fact is that human happiness is contingent on many sources - influences - and inputs. Throw away lines like "All happiness comes from within" say nothing and in fact cloud and obfuscate many issues that lead to human unhappiness. Turning entirely introverted in an attempt to find happiness will get one nowhere.

The fact is we are and remain a social animal and as such much of our contentment and well being and happiness come from other people - not just from within.[/quote]

Many outside sources can make a person feel happy for a while. But real happiness and contentment depend on the soundtrack you play inside your head.

No one here said to "turn introverted." Just recognize that no outside source is going to bring you peace. The only way to be a successful social animal is to be content with who you are before you go in.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-31-2013 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 AM

227 posts, read 420,668 times
As a single woman I could never date you because of the HIV issue. I am a health care worker, so I understand that the new HAART treatment is very effective. However, I've seen people just stop taking the medications or just become non-compliant, and I don't think I would willing to take that risk for myself. You seem like a decent person, but that is just my personal thoughts.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

Exactly! Which is why repeating lines from fortune cookies does not make those lines true.
I would not call it a fortune cookie line but an interpretation fail.I believe it is very true that one cannot be happy if they are not mentally healthy themselves. A certain amount of internal satisfaction is required for happiness. That does not mean, in my opinion, that that is the ONLY requirement for happiness. Happiness lives on a continuum. I might be happy enough but maximum happiness is achieved in loving relationships with others.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
did you litterally miss the next 3 words?

besides, the doctors assured him he has a 0% chance of transmission, it is risky but in his best interests to never tell a soul about it.

also, most women have a low opinion of men because the guys they actually like are jerks who'll pump and dump and yet the guys who want what they want they don't like, not because of HIV
In many States it is illegal not to tell someone that you have HIV. Your advice is completely wrong and absolutely irresponsible. Luckily Davie isn't following your advice, he has stated in prior threads he is always forthcoming with this information, to his credit.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:58 AM

355 posts, read 389,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
In many States it is illegal not to tell someone that you have HIV. Your advice is completely wrong and absolutely irresponsible. Luckily Davie isn't following your advice, he has stated in prior threads he is always forthcoming with this information, to his credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
2. since you cannot spread your HIV anyway omit this information(ABSOLUTELY NOT recommended mainly because it will wreck any relationship if it gets out and may lead to criminal charges...
reading is hard.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Many outside sources can make a person feel happy for a while. But real happiness and contentment depend on the soundtrack you play inside your head.

No one here said to "turn introverted." Just recognize that no outside source is going to bring you peace. The only way to be a successful social animal is to be content with who you are before you go in.
Well said

People who continue to look for happiness from external sources only will never find it.

True happiness comes from within, though again I understand that some are not able to understand that concept - at least not yet. My sincere hope is that more and more people will grasp this important truth.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well said

People who continue to look for happiness from external sources only will never find it.

True happiness comes from within, though again I understand that some are not able to understand that concept - at least not yet. My sincere hope is that more and more people will grasp this important truth.

Yah because someone who does not agree with you must necessarily misunderstand.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah because someone who does not agree with you must necessarily misunderstand.

If that is what you took from my remarks I certainly apologize for any confusion, as that is not at all what I was saying or implying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships