Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
what you smell are rookies. guys whose outer game is not congruent with their inner game. fakers. guys with solid game are undetectable because they've integrated it into their personality, body language, and behavior. they read the scene, set, and tasks like naturals. and women cant detect them because suddenly they are enjoying their company. at that point, it doesn't matter how he became that way, you're all smiles.
Someone posted a video here a while back of a so called master PUA guy. He hit on drunk woman and basically acted like a loud psychopath touching strange women without warning. Very odd advice, and I didn't see any charm in it at all. Not sure what was in the video that normal woman would enjoy.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
A lot of the material is not respectful, because the guys teaching, have sex with random women and then they dump them. People who respect women noramlly don't do that.

But have you or any of your friends created any alternative material? As long as PUA is the only place where you can get information about how to attract girls, then people are going to use it.

And people are always going to hate any source of information telling guys how to attract girls. Women don't like the fact that people can use techniques to attract them. Hence any material telling guys how to attract women will be shunned.
No, I don't plan on creating any material any time soon. The problem with it not being respectful is that men who seem to have almost no experience with women are taking the negativity as being accurate information about women. You can tell some of the posters here read a lot of the PUA/manosphere type sites because the stereotypes and misinformation trickle down into their posts.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Someone posted a video here a while back of a so called master PUA guy. He hit on drunk woman and basically acted like a loud psychopath touching strange women without warning. Very odd advice, and I didn't see any charm in it at all. Not sure what was in the video that normal woman would enjoy.
I really doubt he was a master PUA.

Also, the PUA material is just a collection of people who tell you how to pick up girls. There is not one PUA technique and it would be wrong to lump them all in the same group. There are different people with different ideas.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
If you look at a lot of the PUA on the internet, it isn't really respectful of women, or else they link to/associate with people that are quite hateful. Why isn't there a way to present the information without being hateful?
I was never exposed to any women hating advice in the courses and materials i reviewed. No one ever talked about demeaning or dominating women or being sexually aggressive towards them. The goal was always about the guy becoming someone who is more attractive to women. someone interesting, entertaining, dressing cool like you have some style, being a good conversationalist by knowing topics that appeal to women, generating emotional and sexual tension to get her interested in something more physical, and leading her to mutually consentual sex with them. To me, it was never about being offensive, ugly, and hateful toward women so they can bed you. but i'm sure that stuff exists out there (junk). there will always be guys with bad motives, with or without PUA.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
I was never exposed to any women hating advice in the courses and materials i reviewed. No one ever talked about demeaning or dominating women or being sexually aggressive towards them. The goal was always about the guy becoming someone who is more attractive to women. someone interesting, entertaining, dressing cool like you have some style, being a good conversationalist by knowing topics that appeal to women, generating emotional and sexual tension to get her interested in something more physical, and leading her to mutually consentual sex with them. To me, it was never about being offensive, ugly, and hateful toward women so they can bed you. but i'm sure that stuff exists out there. there will always be guys with bad motives, with or without PUA.
The negging techiniques teach one to basically insult women, aren't those a specialty of Mystery....isn't that the guy you said you took a class from?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
No, I don't plan on creating any material any time soon. The problem with it not being respectful is that men who seem to have almost no experience with women are taking the negativity as being accurate information about women. You can tell some of the posters here read a lot of the PUA/manosphere type sites because the stereotypes and misinformation trickle down into their posts.
The negativity is not coming from PUA. Many of these people with no experience already dislike women.

People always make up reasons for why girls don't like them. At least with PUA they put the blame on themselves and their lack of technique.

Without it, they may come up with excuses such as "Women just **** around, they only want a rich/handsome man, they only want to date jerks and then come to nice guys and cry on their shoulders." Is that any better?

Quote:
The negging techiniques teach one to basically insult women, aren't those a specialty of Mystery....isn't that the guy you said you took a class from?
Negging is only a small part of PUA and is drawn way out of proportion from PUA haters. It is not a criticism, its more like a joke that will make her a little insecure. It is intended to be used only for girls who has a lot of options. This girl has been rejecting guys all night, if you go up like another suck up, you are going to fail. Thats's why negging is needed. Luckily I don't bother to even go up to those women, so I never need negging.

Also, don't believe for a second that naturals are not doing it. They will call it joking, but it is the same thing.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I agree. It sounds like it just reduces a woman to a piece of meat or some kind of prize or trophy and not a human being.
guys do that even without being exposed to PUA.

and really, you know very well that many men objectify women physically. all you need to do is look at commercials that come up during pro sports. sex sells.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
The negativity is not coming from PUA. Many of these people with no experience already dislike women.

People always make up reasons for why girls don't like them. At least with PUA they put the blame on themselves and their lack of technique.

Without it, they may come up with excuses such as "Women just **** around, they only want a rich/handsome man, they only want to date jerks and then come to nice guys and cry on their shoulders." Is that any better?

Negging is only a small part of PUA and is drawn way out of proportion from PUA haters. It is not a criticism, its more like a joke that will make her a little insecure. It is intended to be used only for girls who has a lot of options. This girl has been rejecting guys all night, if you go up like another suck up, you are going to fail. Thats's why negging is needed. Luckily I don't bother to even go up to those women, so I never need negging.

Also, don't believe for a second that naturals are not doing it. They will call it joking, but it is the same thing.
Actually it seems like the same people who defend PUA tend to throw out the same vocabulary and set of misconceptions...if they aren't getting from the PUA community where are they getting it from.

No negging is not necessary in the way or rationale it is presented. If you look at the rationale for why you do it, it is disrespectful. Why should a woman minding her own business be subjected to bizarre mind games?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:

Actually those concepts are all part of classic PUA.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Actually it seems like the same people who defend PUA tend to throw out the same vocabulary and set of misconceptions...if they aren't getting from the PUA community where are they getting it from.
Um... why should people who defend PUA not use some of the same vocabulary. You use the same vocabulary as some of the people at PUA hate.

Does that make your criticism void?

Quote:
No negging is not necessary in the way or rationale it is presented. If you look at the rationale for why you do it, it is disrespectful. Why should a woman minding her own business be subjected to bizarre mind games?
So answer my question.

Why is it the guys fault for using those mind games, and not the womens fault for requiring those mind games before she will be attracted to you.

If negging did not work, then people wouldn't use it. If you go up to a girl who has been rejecting guys all night, it will not work to come up like another suck up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships