Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm more team Jacob anyway. Lol
LOL. Me too. Pattinson is a bit too pale/vampire-y for me.

As for the sports car pickup? Pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
A.C. Slater coming in at #2? hahaaaaa
It's the dimples.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
You have to consider this board almost just like you are out in public. Although this board is anonymous, you will not get a realistic answer to this thread.
Although I think many woman would be appalled, I also think that anyone that knows the guy is a rich actor, they would hop in the car. Does that mean they will sleep with them? Not exactly. But women sleep with band members, and the bigger the band, the less time is needed to get to that level.

The people of CD data are not a true representation to these kinds of activities.
I personally could care less what people feel about my comments on here. That is why I am so candid. I am almost NEVER so candid IRL. But many people actually meet up from this board and consider themselves friends here. Therefore, although anonymous, reputations on this board are way too important to get actual IRL answers to these kind of questions.

I would expect 90% of people on here to respond that they would never get in the car.... when IRL, that guy could probably get close to 50% success rate if he did it right
I was going to say this except you actually went into details.

I'm pretty sure that guy would get more than 50% though.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Doesn't matter who the guy is, that is stranger-danger behaviour. Controlling, uninterested in my needs or consent, and unaware of the realities of women's lives. Not to mention deluded enough to think his car will impress me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
A woman would have to be certifiably insane to get into a car with a total stranger, no matter what he looks like
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I personally could care less what people feel about my comments on here. That is why I am so candid. I am almost NEVER so candid IRL. But many people actually meet up from this board and consider themselves friends here. Therefore, although anonymous, reputations on this board are way too important to get actual IRL answers to these kind of questions.
I am honest IRL, too. How's that for radical? I choose friends who like it.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

That's just you guys' homoerotic fantasy. Nothing to do with how real women choose their partners.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:

Of teeny-boppers. As someone else said, that might only work on Twilight fans.

In fact, I'd probably remind him that vampires don't sparkle. We are lethal, if sometimes charming, killers who rip your throat open and draw the life right out of you.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
That's just you guys' homoerotic fantasy. Nothing to do with how real women choose their partners.
I have homoerotic fantasies now?

Tell me more about myself, please.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:

I am sure a few foolish women would get in a car with a complete stranger, but I don't think he'd get 50% or even close to it. I mean, pulling up a car to a woman and inviting her in with a cheesy line is just plain creepy (same stuff we all learned as kids, just imagine it as a man offering you candy). It's common sense safety 101. Women who do that sort of thing are more likely to be found naked in a shallow grave in the woods someplace than women who don't. Heck, I didn't even know who he was until people started talking about those Twilight movies.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Today Robert Pattinson, pulls up to you in his flash sports car and says to you "You look just like my kind of lady, get in and we will go back to my place and get to know each other"

This is him :

55 Hottest Celebrity Men To Lust After ... | All Women Stalk

What do you do?
I took a look at the photo.

I don't find him remotely visually attractive,
I don't care that he's "supposed" to be "good-looking", he does nothing whatsoever for me.

Since I know nothing else about him that might draw me to him,
I'd say "Thanks for the compliment, go make *someone else's* day".

Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I took a look at the photo.

I don't find him remotely visually attractive,
I don't care that he's "supposed" to be "good-looking", he does nothing whatsoever for me.

Since I know nothing else about him that might draw me to him,
I'd say "Thanks for the compliment, go make *someone else's* day".
Exactly he isn't goodlooking to the older crowd. The teens sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships